jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What Would Happen If You Became Paralyzed?

1. vveasey profile image83
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

What Would Happen If You Became Paralyzed?

How would You Cope?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/1937081_f260.jpg

2. jaybird22 profile image69
    jaybird22posted 5 years ago

That's a good question and really puts things into perspective.

I would rely on my support network in my family and friends.  I would make the most of my life and definitely have a different view on life altogether.

I wouldn't be able to continue in my current job fields of Law Enforcement and Personal Trainer.  I would probably work as a writer of fitness articles full-time or find a way to help keep paralyzed people mentally and physically fit :-D

vveaseyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

jaybird22
      very good answer

3. Clark-Savage-jr profile image75
    Clark-Savage-jrposted 5 years ago

If possible, I would continue working as a multimedia developer, but my photography and video work would probably end, or drastically change. It would depend on how much was paralyzed.

One area I could continue working with is training development. As long as I have my eyes, my voice and my mind, I can continue to develop and train others. I would just have to rely on others to do a lot of what I do now.

One big change would be how much I rely on others. I am currently a very independent person who would rather do it myself and get exactly what I picture in my head. With the loss of mobility and other capabilities, I would have to stop being so stubborn and learn to lean on others. Actually, I should start doing that now.

Clark-Savage-jr
      Very good answer as well

4. mamarou profile image39
    mamarouposted 5 years ago

Well I'd do the same things, I'm doing now.  Loving on people, the Trinity and anyone that gets near me.  You see, if you live life "right", then you are doing the same things before a life changing even happens as you do often.  For example, a "friend" of mine one 54 million (non split) in the California lottery.  One day they were speaking to me, the next they weren't.  The money didn't change them, it simply showed what was already there.  The same is true for paralysis, it doesn't change the person inside, it simply shows what was already there.  If we take the time to look at it, and use that, then our lives are changed on a daily basis!

mamarou
      Very thoughtful answer

working