Do the people around you support your dreams?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 11 years ago

Do the people around you support your dreams?

They say it takes a village to raise a child. I believe that we all have dreams and goals in our lives, and having a network of people in our lives that support us and our dreams may make the difference in whether we achieve them or not.
    Do you have people in your life who support your Life Mission?

2. WebsiteConfetti profile image59
    WebsiteConfettiposted 11 years ago

I am very fortunate that they do and I always count my lucky stars that I have such caring people in my life. I am following my dream at the moment through an amazing opportunity that was presented to me. It takes up lots of time and it has meant I have had to cancel lots of lunches with friends and I dont  get to spend time with my family as much as I should. Rather than making me feel guilty, the amazing people in my life are supportive and understanding. So whilst they are not supporting me in a practical sense, they are in the sense that they are allowing me to do what I need to do right now, without making me feel bad for letting other areas of my life slide.

Catherine Kaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That understanding and flexibility is one of the greatest kinds of supports you can get. Lucky you!

3. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 11 years ago

No. My father was my big supporter and when he died most of my dreams died with him. I have learned to live without him in my life but I do not have the support in my life that I had from him. He tried to understand my creative side and nurtured it the best way he could but now there is no one that understands that part of me and my dreams are not held in as high a regard.

http://shawnmayscott.hubpages.com/hub/F … wnLifePath

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that you can find a way to believe in your dreams, even though your dad is gone, and that new supporters come into your life

2. Shawn May Scott profile image60
      Shawn May Scottposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Cathrine for your kind words.

3. Catherine Kane profile image81

You're welcome. I beleive in people's dreams....

4. ladypatience profile image59
    ladypatienceposted 11 years ago

Good question. There may be two...okay 2 is pushing it. My older sister supports me, she never tells me I can't or shouldn't do something. In fact she pushes me to do whatever I want. I enjoy writing so she says if that's what you want to do, go ahead. I have big dreams when it comes to writing, I always wanted to do a short film whith my short stories. And on top of that being black and a female...it's a challenge but I certainly don't use that as a crutch. There have been A LOT of things I wante to try and have tried but family members are like what's your problem. I like Korean music and Korean movie and dramas. My mother swears she didn't give birth to me, because I like country music and so on and so on. She says black people don't normally like the things I like. Well who wants to just stay within their own race? I live it I don't want to be stuck with "black" stuff on the daily basis. God made everything and everyone in it, why not explore other cultures and people. Ojay I went on the deep end. See you just asked a simple question and here I go jumping head first off the cliff. smile

I think it's great you have someone in your life who supports your dreams. I also like that you know what you like and don't just let people tell you what you should like- many people never get that. Last, I like your enthusiasm. That'll take you far

5. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Not always and my family is kind of depressing. So the only person who supports my dreams is my partner, and sometimes he even doubts me.

Wishing you more supportive people in your life then smile

6. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 11 years ago

I hope so, I do have a tendency to talk about what I plan to do in the future all the time. I think if you actually say it to yourself and others it helps you to actually focus and achieve it.

If you get support then you believe you can achieve anything you set your mind to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)