What is your biggest inspiration in your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. khmazz profile image84
    khmazzposted 5 years ago

What is your biggest inspiration in your life?

2. Little Miss Lyz profile image68
    Little Miss Lyzposted 5 years ago

Love. Love for my animals, my people, and my things. I would not get up every day if I did not have love, for something, somewhere.

khmazzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer! smile

3. iviskei profile image74
    iviskeiposted 5 years ago

Language. I know it sounds strange, but everything about it is inspiring to me. How it creates meaning, affects feelings, helps decisions.....language is great. ^.^

I love your answer! It is so true!!

4. Theater girl profile image75
    Theater girlposted 5 years ago

My biggest inspiration in life are the children that I work with everyday. Some of them come to school each day with such god awful crap on their little shoulders, but they are still joyful and smiling. If they can be that way, I can find happiness in everyday as well!

That is so true, we (as adults) really could learn so much from the way children as resilient and generally happy! They are inspirational!

5. Isaac White profile image59
    Isaac Whiteposted 5 years ago

My biggest inspiration is the people around me. Because, it's just certain things they say or do that gives me the inspiration I need. Especially when it comes to my writing. Sometimes Even other talents that come from the people around gives me Inspiration. Thanks for asking.

I. White

That’s a great way to interpret the saying "Write what you know" the people around you are a great known source for inspiration!

6. Eric Weiland profile image60
    Eric Weilandposted 5 years ago

My faith in Almighty God. With Him, all things are possible. Without Him, life is uncertain, meaningless, & ultimately hopeless. Living my life in a way that pleases God is what motivates me to do what is right, and to always give my best effort. Besides God, my family is of utmost importance to me, and being a father and a husband, I realize my importance as a provider and teacher for them.

Great answer and wonderful sources of inspiration!

2. Creative SparxX profile image60
      Creative SparxXposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I definitely have to agree with you here.  God gets me up in the morning so I can see my beautiful family and puts me to sleep at night so i have the rest required to take care of that family.  Good answer!

3. artist101 profile image67
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My family, and my children also.Without God, none of those people would be possible. He places those people in our lives sometimes to challenge, and sometimes to inspire us. But isn't it really amazing how he knew which people would do that for us?

7. Sushma Webber profile image84
    Sushma Webberposted 5 years ago

Studying Theosophy and trying to apply it in my life is my biggest inspiration. Theo = Divine and Sophia = Wisdom. Attempting to live life from the point of view of the Divine Wisdom is inspiring. It reminds me that there is more to this existence than just little old me.

It is true that we need to realize that sometimes, that there is more out there than in just our own reality!

8. HazelAngeli profile image61
    HazelAngeliposted 5 years ago

The biggest inspiration in my life is every challenge that comes my way. Challenges, much more than anything else, keeps me up no matter how hard they can get sometimes. I always believe that while challenges were meant to sometimes distract us, they can also give us hope and inspire us to be better. They spice up our lives, after all.

Fantastic inspiration! You're very right; our challenges do spice things up!

9. WhiteGator profile image60
    WhiteGatorposted 11 months ago

I don't know if you'll consider this an inspiration, obsession, or just the ramblings of an old man, but in any case, I thought I would share.
    There is an old French proverb that states "old loves never die, they just rest in a quiet corner of your mind."  I think there's a lot of people that will attest to the truth of that thought.

When I was in my second year of graduate school at LSU, I lived with a young, pretty, little Cajun girl for seven months and she was the true love of my life.  I have been haunted by the memories of her and that relationship all of my life.  I had often thought that this obsession actually was a symptom of a mental health disease.
    But on one of my last trips to Europe, I came across a quote by a French author that offered me some solace by suggesting a definition of a true love that gave some clarity to my situation. Let me share the quote. (please excuse my  translation from the French, it may not be exact, but it is close)

"Your first love isn’t the first person you kiss, or the first person you date, or even the first person you made love to.  Your first love is the person you will always compare all other loves to.  It is that  person that you will never truly get over even after you have convinced yourself a thousand times that you’ve moved on."
                                                                           -  Marc LaGrange

I am 75 years old now, and over the years, I have had many relationships with some very exceptional women, (in fact, I married four of them).  Each wife has been beautiful, educated with wonderful personalities.  I think in the back of my mind though,  I was always hoping to re-create a relationship with the same intensity that I had had in Baton Rouge many years ago.  I now equate my quest to trying to unring a bell, it's unachievable. You should feel very fortunate and truly blessed if you ever had the opportunity to experience a true love, even once in your lifetime.

I can relate to that quote because I know I have convinced myself 1000  times or more that she is gone out of my life, but as you can now see, the memories still bleed through.

10. Jennifer Rafferty profile image61
    Jennifer Raffertyposted 2 months ago

My parents work ethic! My father took a risk when first starting a business, failed, persevered and is now the successful owner of a construction company. He is 56 and still working six, sometimes seven days a week. My mom is a special ed teacher in early intervention. Now only working part-time on severe cases her love of the job won't allow her to retire! They never stop working, doing for others, and balancing family life. They inspire me everyday.

11. lovetherain profile image81
    lovetherainposted 2 months ago

The beauty of nature

12. profile image0
    kirtidv2006posted 3 weeks ago

My family. Animals. Children is shelters. I want to work hard and be able to afford to not only support my family financially but also those in need. I want to be able to have extra money at the end of the year to support several different charities.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)