How Do You Know If You Have A Vitamin Deficiency?

1. Mr Tindle profile image80
    Mr Tindleposted 5 years ago

How Do You Know If You Have A Vitamin Deficiency?

I have read, before, that many people are deficient in different vitamins, but just don't realize it. I was wondering if anyone knew of any easy ways to tell that you might be deficient in different kinds of vitamins.

2. amb1jer profile image60
    amb1jerposted 5 years ago

Most lab work can tell whether you have a major deficiency that needs to be addressed. Usually a well rounded diet full of vitamin rich foods gives you your daily need and also a multivitamin can help. I recommend you talking with a Dr. before you go supplement crazy, too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes.

3. profile image0
    Sarah Hurstposted 5 years ago

If you start experiencing signs and symptoms of a specific vitamin deficiency (a good place to start looking for these is your fingernails and hair), see your doctor and let he or she know your concerns. Based on their observations, the doctor will either recommend starting with a daily multivitamin or will order blood work. The best and most sure fire way to diagnose a vitamin deficiency is to have the appropriate lab tests i.e. blood work. Then, depending on the severity of the vitamin deficiency, you may be prescribed supplements or told to purchase some over the counter. Not all vitamins are created equally, so some symptoms will be severe and may require immediate medical attention while others are mild and can be treated conservatively. Don't be your own physician when it comes to vitamins as many have harmful interactions with one another and/or can cause more harm and good. I hope this is helpful.

working