jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

What vitamins and supplements do you take on a daily basis?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 6 years ago

What vitamins and supplements do you take on a daily basis?

2. parentsreview profile image81
    parentsreviewposted 6 years ago

A couple years ago, I started taking fish oil everyday.  I had been complaining that my memory and concentration didn't seem to be as good as they were, and someone recommended fish oil was good for the brain.  I still take it, but I can't say I've noticed any difference in my memory.

3. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I only take vitamin C and from natural sources, not pills.

4. sgbrown profile image96
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

I take a simple muti-vitamin daily. Then I take several supplements.  I take a 1000 mg fish oil to help with cholesteral.  I recently started buying "chewy" calcium vitamin. They are really good, makes me remember to take them every day. I also take 1000 mgs of vitamin C and a 1000 mg of B-12. I need the vitamin B to have the energy to take all the rest of them!  smile

5. Grams Study profile image59
    Grams Studyposted 6 years ago

I take no vitamins.  I will however take them if I am ever in a low state of health where they would be helpful to me.

6. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

I train in powerlifting and this is what I take.

Fish oil
    Vitamin D3 (liquid form)
    Multivitamin
    Brown rice and whey protein

And I eat 8 portions of Veg/fruit per day

7. urgurl_bri profile image84
    urgurl_briposted 6 years ago

I just recently started taking a B Vitamin every day.

8. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D, vitamin B complex, co-Q10, alpha lipoic acid are my favorites.     Occasionally, I also take Acetyl-L-Carnitine, krill oil, a multivitamin, and probiotic.   I've written about most of these in the past.

9. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

I take a b complex with rose hips and vitamin c, 400IU of vitamin E and 540mg of Black cohosh in the morning. In the evening I take an Omega 3 enriched multivitamin, 1200mg of calcium, 540mg of black cohosh, and 50mg of zinc. I also take 1000mg of potassium throughout the day, generally four times unless I eat a few bananas or other high potassium fruits. Either way I get my 4700mg of potassium daily. Plus I'm vegan so over 80% of my diet is raw unprocessed veggies. I juice fruit throughout the day as well.

10. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

I take a glucosamine and chondroitin combination in the hope that it will help protect my joints against any damage that may be caused from pounding the pavements. I also take starflower oil to help keep my hormones on an even keel, they help prevent PMT.

11. GiftedGrandma profile image62
    GiftedGrandmaposted 6 years ago

I have to take muitivitamin, fish oil, calcium citrate.

12. profile image0
    trainer ben gamonposted 6 years ago

it is importand to take a multivitamin everday becauce you can't get it all from food. i also take creatine because i lift weight every day. i sometimes take glucosamine to help lubricate my joints.

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
      MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great suggestions Trainer Ben!

13. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I think B-complex, multi-vitamins, gingko, vitamin C, liquid calcium and zinc.

I do believe these supplement helps in a long run for health.

14. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 6 years ago

It is not recommended to take vitamins supplement everyday. You can maximize the chance of getting these vitamins through a diet - fruits and vegetables, without having to worry of its side effects. read more

working