jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do You Know Any Natural Remedies For Earaches or Ear Infections?

1. Mr Tindle profile image80
    Mr Tindleposted 5 years ago

Do You Know Any Natural Remedies For Earaches or Ear Infections?

There are lots of people who are prone to getting ear infections. Visiting the Doctor all the time is not only inconvenient, but more expensive all the time. I was wondering if there are any natural remedies known to get rid of a simple earache or even a more severe ear infection.

2. sadie423 profile image93
    sadie423posted 5 years ago

Garlic helps. Usually the best way is to infuse extra virgin olive oil with fresh garlic and drop the warm oil into the ear just as you would typical drops.  Both the oil and garlic (some say onion too) have antibacterial qualities which help fight infection.

Some essential oils are good as well, but I am not sure which ones so you would have to research that.

Warm compresses help with general pain.

3. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I have used onion juice for over forty years on myself, and my two children. I have mentioned numerous remedies in my hub http://is-it-a-cold-or-allergy At the first sign of sickness take a zinc lozenge, as it kills viruses in the throat, where they start. You may place one drop of oil of oregano under the tongue up to three times a day. This route of administration is directly into the blood stream, and has not become resistant to bacteria the way antibiotics have. This supplement kills viruses, bacteria, and fungal infection. Onion is also antibacterial, and very effective in many applications, including boils. To remain healthy, take a multivitamin daily, that contains zinc and d3, both increase immunity, thereby lessoning the amounts of colds and flu. If earaches become chronic, an allergy may be to blame. The presence of constant mucus backs up into the ear, and causes earache. See my recommendations for allergy. I hope this helps.

1. artist101 profile image70
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oil of oregano may be used for children, do not give orally. Rub on the front of their shins, this is directly into the blood stream. The above recommendations are for adults.

4. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

antibiotics are probably best, but here is a tip or two that might help.  Always clean your ears with 50% alcohol and 50% hyd. paroxide.  This helps fight back the infection, while keeping the ear canal dry.  For an earache, a drop or two of
    warmed sweet oil really helps.

working