jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

At least how much hours should we sleep at night?

1. wishforall profile image39
    wishforallposted 5 years ago

At least how much hours should we sleep at night?

2. yaswanthk profile image73
    yaswanthkposted 5 years ago

We should go to bed between 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM....and the wake up hours should be between 4:00 AM to 5:00 AM.....

There should be at least 8 hours sleep....

3. starbright profile image83
    starbrightposted 5 years ago

Most likely everyone is different in how many hours they need to sleep each day. Many say that a healthy nights sleep is 8 hours, while others say 6 or 7. Difficult to say when we are all genetically unique, each of our needs will naturally differ.

State of mind, personal situation, time of year - all these things (and probably more) can make a difference in how many hours we actually do sleep.

4. Gregoryy profile image61
    Gregoryyposted 5 years ago

Humans can technically survive on 2-4 hours of sleep a night. During war time some members of the military are required to do that. However it is not optimal. If you are an athlete or workout out a lot 10 hours of sleep has been proven by the Stanford School of Medicine and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine to improve athletic performance. http://www.stanforddaily.com/2011/07/14 … rformance/ For the average person 8 hours of sleep is enough. It may vary slight from person to person. I have timed myself during different sleep duration's, and I am at optimal performance on 9 1/2 hours of sleep a night.

5. Ipeoney profile image81
    Ipeoneyposted 5 years ago

not less than 7 hours, but 8 is ideal of course. Depends on the body, if the body is strong (balanced nutrition) can stand sleep deprivation but surely they will feel it in the long run, pay back when they get older.

working