jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you've ever smoked cigarettes and quit, how did you quit and what method did

1. robhampton profile image98
    robhamptonposted 5 years ago

If you've ever smoked cigarettes and quit, how did you quit and what method did you use?

2. rick combe profile image84
    rick combeposted 5 years ago

I smoked 1+ pack a day for 7 years and quit, then relapsed after 3 months. A year later I quit again and have stayed that way for almost two years. If you are serious about quitting the only way to go is cold turkey on the spot. Gums, patches, drugs and plans just drag out an already uncomfortable process and leave you more open to relapse because you are not fully committing in the first place. I've written a motivational hub on the experience with my technique and tips. Please check it out, here's a link that may or may not work, or you can just click on my name and find it: http://rickcombe.hubpages.com/hub/About … o-quit-now

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

After many many failed attempts using conventional methods I discovered a lady who was a fellow Hubber and who also ran a telephone course called 'Nicotine Solutions'. I took her course (which involved no drugs, patches or anything else artificial) and as a result I am now three and a half years into being a non-smoker. I hubbed about the experience here: http://mistyhorizon2003.hubpages.com/hu … ons-Course

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Just threw everything to do with smoking in a bin and stopped smoking for ever.

5. catherine2255 profile image69
    catherine2255posted 5 years ago

I just stopped, easiest way but you do have to be determined

6. milleramanda53 profile image79
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

I carried one with me for like a month and when I knew I didn't need it I threw it away and if I felt the urge I picked up a book to read or a pencil to write and just kept moving forward.

7. HendrikDB profile image60
    HendrikDBposted 5 years ago

I smoked for about 30 years, very heavily until my best friend died of cancer (smoking related) 6 years ago. After seeing him dying, very slowly and painfully, I knew I had to quit.
    It was not very easy and after 6 months, trying everything, to no avail, someone advised me to use Zyban. I got the prescription, and halfway through the first 30 tablets, I was off cigarettes! It is now five-and- a-half years and i never looked back or had any craving!

working