If you're a migraine sufferer, what has been the medicine that gives you the bes

1. KristenN4Boys profile image66
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

If you're a migraine sufferer, what has been the medicine that gives you the best pain relief?

I have suffered from migraines for 32 years. I have taken Topomax, Imitrex, Zomig, Enderal (sp?), and now I take Treximet during the onset of one.

2. GoForTheJuggler profile image88
    GoForTheJugglerposted 5 years ago

I have two friends who have regular migraines - they have literally tried every pill, every root, every herbal tea. The only thing that consistently relieves the pain is cannabis.

3. melbelle profile image60
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

I can take imitrex now and get rid of my migraine as long as I also get quiet, lay down in a dark room and put the a/c down to 65 degrees.  I had them every day for three months straight about 20 years ago.  It was horrible.  I couldn't eat and I thought I was going to waste away and die.  I finally got put on cafergot that got me out of that pain cycle.  Back then they use to put phenobarbitral in the cafegot and it worked great and fast, but now they don't put phenobarbitral in cafergot.  But I did switch to the other cafergot and it did help.  I was on that therapy for years and years.  Then finally I started on Imitrex and now I only get a migraine at the most once a month.  I think though the reduction in my migraine is due to menopause.  Migraines are not the same in every body and what works for some does not work for others.  I come from a family that suffers from them, so mine have a genetic componet.  I feel the pain for anyone who suffers from migraines.