How to grow old happy and content in life?

1. profile image51
    jamesquitoposted 5 years ago

How to grow old happy and content in life?

Many people have no plan or forgot their retirement,I raised this question to give enlightenment to people who just enjoying their younger days without thinking that someday we will be older.Planning our older years is I think the best gift we can give to ourselves by starting to save  money,stay healthy,be true to ourselves,follow God's command,work hard for the future,be honest,stay update in our every day life.My question is different from previous one because I mention the question "how" not "do you" or "are you".I know many people want to share their happiness to others human being also.

2. WryLilt profile image93
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I'm 26 but I quit my job to do what I wanted in life - be a mother and write. I don't see the point in spending 30 years doing what I don't want to do just to spend five years when I no longer have the energy.

3. profile image0
    LindaTuckerRDAposted 4 years ago

Growing my goal is to grow old gracefully. After I retired from my job at the age of 55 for the government . Every day is a new adventure. Every morning I wake up a about 8:00an without the help of a alarm clock. Then I thank the Lord for waking me up. Then I get up and do some stretching to keep my body in shape.  Next  I go into the kitchen to prepare a healthy breakfast for my husband and I. After we finish eating I wash the dishes and listen to music while doing my house work. The key to growing old, healthy is to stay busy not only to keep your body in shape but to keep a healthy brain. Reading, doing brain puzzles like work search an I also write articles and do surveys on the computer. And don't be a couch potato that's not what retirement is all about. Keep this in mind when one door closes in your life a new one opens. And don't waste your life away laying in bed all the morning. It is better to get up every morning between 8am and 9:00am. to start your day. Because if you don't your whole day will pass you by.