jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Where can you purchase a cane or crutches (for a temporary injury)?

1. nmdonders profile image82
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Where can you purchase a cane or crutches (for a temporary injury)?

2. Patty Kenyon profile image75
    Patty Kenyonposted 5 years ago

In my area, we have a small medical supply store that sells things like that.  And, I am not 100% sure, but I think some Walgreen stores sell them as well.  If this due to injury that you or a loved has...I wish you/them a very speedy recovery!!

nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I'm not sure of any medical supply stores near me but that's probably because I've never looked around for one or needed one before.  I'm sure there has to be so ai will check it out.

3. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Patty is correct.  Most towns have medical supply stores that have a fairly large selection of items including beds, wheelchairs, etc.   Drug stores, large and small, often carry at least a few items.  You can even find them on line.  My wife recently purchased a bed rail for an elderly aunt on-line and had it sent directly to her home.

I will definitely look around for a medical supply store.  I don't know why I can't think of where there may be one at the moment.  Online might be a good idea too, especially for deals.  I'll at least check it out for next time.  Thanks!

4. kj force profile image71
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Most second hand stores carry a selection of canes, crutches, walkers. at a very affordable prices..and when you are done with them..donate them back....

I ended up speaking to someone who also recommended a second hand store.  Apparently you can find all sorts of things, even wheelchairs.  I know of a few around here so I'll check them out.  Good idea about donating back.

5. Amberjewell profile image75
    Amberjewellposted 5 years ago

Cheaply? I would go with Craigslist or a thrift store. You will pay an arm and leg for brand new ones and if it's only a temporary injury, you don't want to have to pay full price.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image80
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Frequently, at medical supply stores, you can rent them for the limited time,  Rental fees are sually very in expensive.

working