jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you beat insomnia?

1. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 5 years ago

How do you beat insomnia?

Any advice on how to help someone with insomnia try to get some sleep?

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 5 years ago

In order to beat insommia I suggest doing something that will make your body tired. Try working out, taking a shower, cleaning your room.. This can help you. The best thing to do is simply to stay active until you are tired enough to sleep!

3. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Do you use artificial sweeteners, particularly in soda/cola/soft drinks?  If so, you may want to consider eliminating those sweeteners from your diet.

4. JesadaB profile image74
    JesadaBposted 5 years ago

If you find out let me know! I too have issues with sleep and no matter what I have done it does not seem to help. I do have sleeping pills but am afraid I will go out and like drive the car or something if I take them!

5. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 5 years ago

You beat it with a pillow!
    Seriously, hot showers help me. But I've been fortunate I suppose, as I don't suffer from it often.

6. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Some people try meditation and yoga before bedtime to de-stress and clear their minds. Others have tried, chamomile tea, warm milk, bananas, or ice cream. Also recommend no heavy meals or caffeine later in the day. If all else fails a doctor can prescription something like Ambien but if your not used to taking them be careful at first until you see how they will affect you.

7. Cow Flipper profile image83
    Cow Flipperposted 5 years ago

When you find out let me know, beyond chemical help I am having trouble resetting. I think I just have crappy sleep habits, RLS, and sleep apnea.

8. benisan85745 profile image60
    benisan85745posted 5 years ago

If applicable for you, a strong Indica will do you good. It also comes in edible forms if smoking is an issue for you.