jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

How do you 'view a glass'?

1. zsobig profile image84
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

How do you 'view a glass'?

I guess we are all familiar with this saying, but the 2 options are:
    -As half EMPTY.
    -As half FULL.

I guess I have to say for me, it depends on my mood. When I feel loads of bad stuff happened me lately, I see it half empty. But at this moment and in the past few months it was surely HALF FULL smile.
    What abut you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7021120_f260.jpg

2. Jonathon Kennedy profile image61
    Jonathon Kennedyposted 5 years ago

I don't see it either way. To me, the glass is completely full. Half of it is water, the other half is air.

1. lone77star profile image82
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bravo!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good way of looking at it!

3. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I see a glass as full of potential no matter what is in it.

You make any situation good or bad depending upon your outlook and your creativity.

For example, during one of the lowest points of my life, emotionally, when several things had been going wrong at the same time, I decided to laugh. I didn't feel like laughing, but I forced myself to do it. I continued to do it until it felt natural. As soon as I reached that goal, it really did feel natural. My entire body smiled.

Full of potential. You decide the direction of that potential.

1. dndswordsmith profile image70
      dndswordsmithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lone77star: "Full of potential. You decide the direction of that potential." Great advice, I will take it.

4. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I agree with lone77star; since the water is still pouring in it depicts potential. Bravo lone77star.

5. dndswordsmith profile image70
    dndswordsmithposted 5 years ago

For me it all depends on what day it is. My mood also changes on a daily basis. On Monday, I could see it as half full, Tuesday, maybe half empty.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I would have to agree with the questioner--it kind of depends on how everything has been going at the time.
    However, I'll share something I read about this recently, and it struck me funny:

"The pessimist sees the glass as half empty; the optimist sees it as half full.  The engineer sees the glass as being twice as large as it needs to be."

7. profile image0
    Leela Rainelleposted 5 years ago

I see it plainly as a glass with water. Similarly - I see life as it is. But that could just be me.

8. cavedweller profile image57
    cavedwellerposted 5 years ago

I see as it as half full....but I really like Jonathon's answer.

9. thetechbarbie profile image57
    thetechbarbieposted 5 years ago

I would defiantly say I'm a glass half full kind of person. I like to look at the bright side of things.

working