jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

When is it a good time to exercise?

1. profile image76
    Education Answerposted 5 years ago

When is it a good time to exercise?

Is there a preferential time for exercising, specifically weight training?  Are mornings better than afternoons?

2. joshuanoerr profile image61
    joshuanoerrposted 5 years ago

Everyone finds their own optimal time based on their lifestyle.

Now, if lifestyle was not an issue, meaning you can workout whenever you want to, 3-4 hours after waking up would be the best. This would be when your body's hormone levels were at their best.

The real key, if that is not an option for you, is to pick a time, and stick with it. High level athletes like Olympians, train, for the most part, at the same times every day. By doing this, your body will start to adjust and maximize hormone levels (and other things) for that time of day.

1. George Kagiso profile image60
      George Kagisoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, you have to pick a time thats right for yourself. Stick with it, for example l train 3 days a week for 1 hour from 6pm-7pm

3. Fyre profile image60
    Fyreposted 5 years ago

It is mostly based on personal preference, although studies have shown that late afternoon can be the best time. Personally I go the the gym an hour after lunch as this seems to be my peak time. It is important to go regularly at this time and build a routine out of it as it will help to keep you motivated and focused.

working