jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Painless home method to remove a mole from my skin?

1. Magdelene profile image83
    Magdeleneposted 5 years ago

Painless home method to remove a mole from my skin?

I've read a lot of stuff on the internet on how I can scratch them off with this kit and solution; that seems painful. Has anyone here tried a method at home to remove moles, one that actually worked and was not painful?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

As effective  anesthetics are not legal for home use, you're not going to find a method that doens't involve some pain.  Home methods either involve creating a distracting pain (like using ice) or something topical that won't really eliminate pain.

But really you need to see a dermatologist about these things because they can examine the skin tissue to make sure you don't have skin cancer or another condition to worry about.  You can't diagnose those problems at home by yourself.

Magdeleneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

From the feedback I've gotten so far I think I should make my way to a dermatologist as you suggest, or see if my Doctor can recommend someone. Thanks for your input.

2. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great advice, Relache.  Seeing a doctor first is the best thing to do and then follow a remedy.

3. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I would not try to remove a mole at home, it is not safe. Moles sometimes go deeper than a top skin layer, so by scratching it you may just damage the top layer and only increase your risk for infection or even skin cancer. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Magdeleneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point, I've read many claims and so on about how well some of these home products work. But, I do prefer not to get skin cancer.

working