Hi. Does anyone know of products or a process to get rid skin tags?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 8 years ago

    A dermatologist should be able to assist you with your skin issue.

    1. Jayne Lancer profile image95
      Jayne Lancerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      Yes, you're right Relache.
      There are home remedies for removing skin tags, which are harmless, benign tumours, but a dermatologist is the best person to go to.

  2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

    I keep seeing commercials for a remover so you might want to Google it.

  3. scentbro profile image69
    scentbroposted 8 years ago

    I've heard using essential oils have been known to get rid of skin tags naturally. Here's something from a fellow Hubber


  4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 8 years ago

    wow you learn something new every day on Hubpages yikes

    i had never heard of these things.

  5. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

    LOL....I thought everyone had them.  Everyone I know does.

    Edit:  Some have them worse than others obviously.  My cousin seems to have a lot of them on the left side of her neck where the couple I have are on my right side.

    1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

      I thought I had a mole on my neck but the more I learn about skin tags I wonder if that is what it is.

      1. Jayne Lancer profile image95
        Jayne Lancerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

        Yes, that's why it's better to go to a dermatologist, who can identify it.
        I mean people do cut them off, or 'strangle' them, but if it's not a skin tag after all it could be dangerous.

  6. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago


    This site reports "More than half if not all of the general population is reported to have skin tags at some time in their lives".

    1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 8 years agoin reply to this


      i just image searched 'skin tags' yikes

      they kind of resemble three-dimensional freckles.

      well, i hope the OP finds some answers.

  7. profile image0
    Make-Upposted 8 years ago

    See your physician first to make sure it's just a skin tag mole and nothing else.  If it's just one or two they might just help you right there at the moment.  My husband used to have 100's, yes, yuck.  After going to a physician and them getting a few here a few there it was more economical to use oregano essential oil on my husbands skin tags.  The oregano is a very hot oil so be careful getting around the surrounding skin.  Get a cotton swab, dab some oregano oil on it, dab the swab on top of the skin tags, all over the skin tags; being careful.  We do only like 5 at a time. If you get any oregano on your surrounding skin it might feel hot and even might feel like it's burning depending to your sensitivity.  The tag will turn purple to black, swell up after a couple of days and fall off.  If the oregano oil stings, gets hot, etc., have some olive oil just incase and put it on your skin where you applied the oregano oil, this will help dilute it.  If you add water it will spread the heat of the oil, so not recommend.  My husband has used it without diluting and by diluting. Diluting is when you make a solution like 10 drops oregano and 10 drops olive oil.  When you dilute it still works just takes longer.  His skin tags have been identified as skin tags by his doctor.  It is important to know what they are.

  8. profile image0
    ryankettposted 8 years ago

    In the UK you just have to see an HNS dermatologist who will then confirm that it's a harmless skin tag, but will offer to refer you to the nearest minor surgeon for it to be removed if you so wish. I have one on my armpit, it appeared like a year ago and is now pretty huge! It freaked me out at first, I never even knew that they existed, I will probably pop along to my GP and get it sliced off soon - they can do minor surgery at most medium to large GPs....


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)