jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

If you only had one year left to live, what would you change to make it more wor

1. Violet Flame profile image73
    Violet Flameposted 5 years ago

If you only had one year left to live, what would you change to make it more worthwhile?

If you only had one year left to live your earthly life, would you continue to live your life the way you are now? Since we can never know how long we've really got, what would you change about your life to make it more worthwhile?

2. twistedc profile image61
    twistedcposted 5 years ago

I would work less and live more spend more time with my son. Recently my brother went to Hawaii to backpack around and fell of a cliff and died.That happened about four months ago then about one month ago we found out my step-father has lung cancer and has about a year to live. I have been thinking about this very question a lot lately. I have already started to live my live like I only have a year cause we will never know how long we really have left. I want to feel more love I value that more than anything. I believe to get the most out of life you have to love and be loved.

Violet Flameposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am so very very sorry to hear about your brother and step-father. Ever since I lost my best friend when we were 33, I also have been thinking and living like I really don't have all that much time to waste. I wish you all the very best xo

3. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

Well, I already live my life like I'm about to die tomorrow so, I would not change much. Maybe I would increase my travel plans since I still have a few places on this planet I like to visit.

that sounds great Mr. Happy!! Where are you off next? :-) I would really love to go to Santorini....have you been there?

2. Mr. Happy profile image84
      Mr. Happyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Santorini sounds great - never been to Greece but I have friends there and I should go for sure. I am going to try India again - this spring, I bought a plane ticket and all but I did not get a Visa and was not allowed in the country ... details haha

3. isenhower33 profile image77
      isenhower33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That would be so awesome to see other countries. I hope one day i get the chance to do so.

4. Anastasia Vaughan profile image73
    Anastasia Vaughanposted 5 years ago

I would publish the book I have sitting on my usb drive at home, I'd go on a diet,get a boyfriend,I'd apply for a dream,dye my hair, and tell every secret I've ever been to afraid to tell someone. I would tell the people who mean the most to me I love and let the one's i resent have the opportunity to apologize.

That's awesome Anastasia!!!! I hope you would consider starting some of the  task on your fantastic list of things to do! And then you can write some hubs to tell us all about it!!!  I will be looking forward to reading them!!! Hugs and Blessings xox

5. isenhower33 profile image77
    isenhower33posted 5 years ago

That would depend on if i had the money, if i had the money id travel the world. I would go climb some of the tallest mountains, back pack across Australia, go fishing for great white sharks off the beach in Australia. I would visit london and paris. I would go big game hunting all over the world. Id go to PI and help out with rebuilding communities. I would visit a lot of biblical places. Id do a polar plunge, and probably even go on a crab boat just for a few days to do a really tough job. There are so many things i can think of if money wasn't an issue. I would help as many people find god and food along my journey. But seems how money is an issue i would probably be right here close to family and friends.

wow my friend, it sounds like you need a lot more than a year there!!!! LOL the things you like to do when money isn't an issue...,it just occurs to me that you might actually Get Paid to do some of them!! How's that for a thought! Adventure PLUS $$

working