A query related to strength workouts.. Please advise :)

1. rahul0324 profile image84
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

A query related to strength workouts.. Please advise smile

When I carry out the regular dumb-bell sets of mine... I notice my left arm is can do more reps than my right arm. is it normal.

If I continue this way, is it possible that the growth of the left arm would be higher than that of the right. If yes, how can I solve this?

Thank you

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

It probably means that that arm is currently already stronger than the other. This is normal. Usually one side of your body is stronger than the other. If you do the same work on both sides, they should both grow as you wish.

3. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

It is normal for one arm to be stronger than the other.  Just do the same number of repetitions for each arm if you want the muscles to be the same in strength and size.  Even if you do more repetitions with the left arm it is not going to improve faster than the right arm.  It was just stronger to start with.  Most likely you use the left muscle more than the right one.  When I was doing as many repetitions as possible with both arms I could do more repetitions with my one arm and the muscle was bigger to start with.  However they both improved at the same rate.

If the exercise is not enough to balance out your arms then use your right arm more in daily life.

working