jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Do you go to the doctor at the drop of a hat, wait until your half dead, or some

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Do you go to the doctor at the drop of a hat, wait until your half dead, or somewhere in the middle?

2. Kimberly Vaughn profile image83
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

I don't know if I would call it the drop of a hat but I can usually tell when something is not right. I want to go and get it taken care of asap because I have things to do and don't have time to be sick!

3. frogyfish profile image77
    frogyfishposted 5 years ago

Well...I have to admit that I'm between the last two choices.  I'll try 'alternatives' first.  Don't necessarily recommend that to everyone though.

4. Trish303 profile image73
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

When I'm half dead if not more. I hate docs, and they cost way to much. I wont go unless it is something i can't fix on my own. but with my kids I take them at a drop of a hat, I don't take chance there.

Charluposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I use to be the same way when mine were younger (they're all grown up now) and I still hate going to the doctor!

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I keep waiting to see if whatever is wrong will just go away. I can be as calm as can be, put me in a doctor's office and my BP soars and I become a nervous wreck. Hate it.  So unless I think it is something serious like pneumonia or something that needs urgent treatment, I stay home.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I've tried going to the doctor to head off a problem early, but it doesn't ever seem to work. Generally a problem will either get better on it's own, or it will become severe and obviously need treatment. So, now I pretty much wait until I'm half-dead.

7. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 5 years ago

I wait until I'm half dead.  I am a disabled veteran so I go to the VA and the doctors there are absolutely horrible.

I have a few friends that also go to the VA and are the same way.  It's really a shame that vets receive some of the worst care and fought so hard, so we didn't have too.

8. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I haven't needed to go to the doctor for anything for quite some time. But, when I did, I waited until I couldn't take it anymore- not really half dead, but felt pretty rotten.

I use so many preventatives that I haven't been truly sick in several years. The last time I had a bad sinus infection was when my first child was a baby. I was so miserable and have since learned that it is much easier to prevent sickness than to be sick and fighting it.

Preventatives are something we should all probably consider a lot more of smile

9. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

I wait till I can't solve the problem myself. I go on the assumption if it last more than a week, then it's not going to go away on its own.  I learned that the hard way.  But I usually try to fix myself before heading to the doctor.

10. Dreamhowl profile image97
    Dreamhowlposted 5 years ago

I usually try to avoid the doctor, not for any particular reason execept that I don't feel the need to go. I get colds and little sicknesses, but nothing to worry me enough to go except for my annual checkups.

11. sweetie1 profile image70
    sweetie1posted 5 years ago

A dentist is very close friend of mine so what ever health problem I have , i usually talk to him on phone and then he decide if I have to show it to doctor or not. Most of times he himself tell sends me medicines which work fine for me or he arrange for an appointment with a doctor.

working