jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you also scared of taking big size tablets or capsules?

1. navneetjha profile image71
    navneetjhaposted 5 years ago

Are you also scared of taking big size tablets or capsules?

Are you also afraid of taking tablets or capsule thinking you might choke?

2. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Yep...always have been since childhood, remeber my best friend in our bathroom at home trying to help my MOM to get me to take a baby aspirin...I take medicines each day and am amazed that I was that bad. I am afriad of getting choked on my bottled water, and take pills individually instead of a handful since the water thing started...We all have these fears, and or phobias!

3. dezalyx profile image97
    dezalyxposted 5 years ago

Yes. When I was younger, my mom had to cut or open up those pills just so I can swallow it. It's a bit better now, but like Diane, I take it in individually.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

Yes, and even if you are a seasoned expert the pill can always go sideways by chance and be stuck in your throat until it dissolves on its own.  If it's not a coated prescription pill, or a gel tab, I bite it in half! But you shouldn't bite coated prescription pills since the coating may help with a time-release mechanism.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No it doesn't bother me to swallow large tabs or capsules.  But I do have a phobia about the side effects of anything I ingest.  So I rarely take anything except ibuprofen and I go through that like crazy.

6. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

If the doctor has advised and prescribed a particular medicine, you are supposed to take if you want to get well. If the tablet is thick and little big in size you can cut  it into two pieces and take it with a glass of water in hand one by one. . Whereas if the medicine is in the form of a capsule it is easily swallowed with the help of water. Don't get scared of   big size  tablets or capsules as the fear comes out of  our thoughts and it can be vanished if our thoughts are strong and positive.

7. profile image60
    Debarati Mukherjiposted 11 months ago

Not at all.Are you scared,but why?That's why I tell u that u r a cute little school boy.