jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you/did you vaccinate your child(ren)?

  1. VeronicaFarkas profile image84
    VeronicaFarkasposted 5 years ago

    Do you/did you vaccinate your child(ren)?

    Do you have a reason as to why or why not?

  2. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

    I did, but my children are older.  I must admit, if I had little ones now I'd be a little hesitant and would probably wait until they were 4 or 5 years old rather than infant to two years old as is customary.

  3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

    I did, Veronica.  40 years ago, there were no questions and/or controversy.  My sons and their wives tell me that now, Drs. are spreading the vaccines out with more time between vaccinations....as well as making sure that parents are well-informed and aware of the latest scientific facts....

  4. innerspin profile image94
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

    Both my sons were vaccinated because I do believe the risks of the diseases are greater than the risks from the injections. However, when my elder son was re-called for a second measles, mumps and rubella jab, I declined that. They said the first vaccine had a 10% chance of not having worked fully. Since that meant a 90% chance of it working, I felt it wasn't worth a second injection, he had been poorly following the first shot.

 
working