jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Vaccinations: Good or Evil?

1. Seek-n-Find profile image90
    Seek-n-Findposted 4 years ago

Vaccinations:  Good or Evil?

This is a hot topic right now.  There's lots of people and research saying vaccinations do more harm than good.  Then there are others saying just the opposite.  What do you believe and WHY do you believe it?  Share resources/testimonies/evidence please!

2. Everyday Miracles profile image87
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

I don't vaccinate because one of my children suffered a severe adverse reaction to a vaccine. Our doctor told us that she wasn't able to adjust the dosing for a smaller baby, and so we decided it was best that we cease vaccinations.

Our children have all been remarkably healthy.

As for sources for anti-vaccine information, I like Dr. Tenpenny in general. (:

Seek-n-Findposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much!  I just saw that name as a reference on a website...I'll check it out!

2. parrster profile image84
      parrsterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We too didn't vaccinate, as an informed decision. Our children also have been remarkably healthy. They aged 24, 23, 12, 10

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I myself am asthmatic and have been told many times by my doctor and others to always get the flu shot. However I do not.

So if you are talking about such things as shots against the flu or other types of many of the viruses out there, then no I actually don't believe in it.

There are so many new viruses that come to surface that no matter how many shots there are to combat this, it never kills off any of the other viruses that surface, it usually is meant for the one that is out at the moment.

When they worried about the H1N1 virus they had a vaccine for that , however at that time there were still other viruses going around so what good does it do really. It also carried mercury which by large doses are harmful in its own.

For having bronchitis and asthma I do surprisingly well with out the shot. Why fix it if it isn't broken.

Now if you are talking about vaccines against polio and such, all the immunizations for this then yes indeed I believe that children should have these shots. I don't believe that God would want us to let go of what is out there that he puts in the hands of caregivers to use for our health.

As for the flu and all the viruses no shot is ever going to combat them all at the same time and if these plagues are going to surface there usually is a reason.

Good question

Thanks Laurie--I'm thinking a balanced approach is where I may land, myself.  Appreciate the feedback!

4. parrster profile image84
    parrsterposted 4 years ago

There is no simple response to this question.
    Out of concern, I read and enquired on the subject while we were expecting our first child. Though there are many unfortunate stories that serve as valid testimony, I preferred to build a case based upon "expert" knowledge. And there is much on it. One of the better online resources is http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/about/

I remember being told by a nurse, "be sure you make an informed decision". Oddly, she didn't say that to the others in the room who were happy to vaccinate, only to the one who had reservations. This reinforced my suspicions that there is extreme bias on this subject, cultivated by the big pharmaceuticals (sorry to bring in a conspiracy theory).

But seriously, this is one of the most lucrative businesses on earth, and wherever money falls in cascades, there is bound to be some spin-doctoring (lies) aimed at keeping the flow going. As such, we need all be suspicious.

A recent report on the global vaccines market notes: “Thanks in part to the adult influenza market and vaccines such as Gardasil and Prevnar, the global vaccines market has enjoyed a decidedly solid boost in revenue.  Ten years ago, the vaccine market sat at $5.7 billion dollars…now, that market has soared to $27 billion.”  http://over-vaccination.net/

Thanks for your response.  There are so many sources out there so I always appreciate the recommendations!  I got blasted on facebook for even suggesting that people look into the issue.  Like I was some crazed lunatic!  Appreciate your comment!

5. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

I do. However, I don't do everyone I see. Things like childhood vaccines, they have been proven to do good. Now babies don't get chicken pox and small pox. I know that people think we are fillin our bodies with something horrible. However, we do that on a daily basis anyway.

6. parwatisingari profile image60
    parwatisingariposted 4 years ago

As parent my stance was no vaccination. I knew my daughters were already primary +ve for tuberculosis as 99% of Indians are. Measles and mumps and rubella I find in 23yrs practise mutate and manifest despite the  vaccination. when the antibodies are produced with natural course of the/ disease I find that there is stronger immune function working.
    But as a doctor I leave the options to my patients.
    The fear of allergy to vaccines is also there.

7. thewritingowl profile image85
    thewritingowlposted 4 years ago

With my daughter I didn't think twice, in fact I was sure (without researching it myself though) that vaccines were perfectly safe or else we would be told, right? I did the same with my son but in hindsight I should have done that research. I have now, but I will always wish that wish I had done it beforehand. I have written Hubs about this too.

Link here to my initial concern about Vaccines which occured after I read a true story about a woman who has fought for a very long time to prove that Pertussis was to blame for her sons brain damage.
    http://thewritingowl.hubpages.com/hub/P … ping-Cough

Just inform yourself and don't take any one person's word for it and then at least you can't say you didn't know no matter what your decision.