Vaccinations: Good or Evil?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Seek-n-Find profile image87
    Seek-n-Findposted 4 years ago

Vaccinations:  Good or Evil?

This is a hot topic right now.  There's lots of people and research saying vaccinations do more harm than good.  Then there are others saying just the opposite.  What do you believe and WHY do you believe it?  Share resources/testimonies/evidence please!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8659188_f260.jpg

2. Everyday Miracles profile image91
    Everyday Miraclesposted 4 years ago

I don't vaccinate because one of my children suffered a severe adverse reaction to a vaccine. Our doctor told us that she wasn't able to adjust the dosing for a smaller baby, and so we decided it was best that we cease vaccinations.

Our children have all been remarkably healthy.

As for sources for anti-vaccine information, I like Dr. Tenpenny in general. (:

Seek-n-Findposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much!  I just saw that name as a reference on a website...I'll check it out!

2. parrster profile image81
      parrsterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We too didn't vaccinate, as an informed decision. Our children also have been remarkably healthy. They aged 24, 23, 12, 10
      http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/about/

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I myself am asthmatic and have been told many times by my doctor and others to always get the flu shot. However I do not.

So if you are talking about such things as shots against the flu or other types of many of the viruses out there, then no I actually don't believe in it.

There are so many new viruses that come to surface that no matter how many shots there are to combat this, it never kills off any of the other viruses that surface, it usually is meant for the one that is out at the moment.

When they worried about the H1N1 virus they had a vaccine for that , however at that time there were still other viruses going around so what good does it do really. It also carried mercury which by large doses are harmful in its own.

For having bronchitis and asthma I do surprisingly well with out the shot. Why fix it if it isn't broken.

Now if you are talking about vaccines against polio and such, all the immunizations for this then yes indeed I believe that children should have these shots. I don't believe that God would want us to let go of what is out there that he puts in the hands of caregivers to use for our health.

As for the flu and all the viruses no shot is ever going to combat them all at the same time and if these plagues are going to surface there usually is a reason.

Good question
    Blessings
    Laurie

Thanks Laurie--I'm thinking a balanced approach is where I may land, myself.  Appreciate the feedback!

4. parrster profile image81
    parrsterposted 4 years ago

There is no simple response to this question.
    Out of concern, I read and enquired on the subject while we were expecting our first child. Though there are many unfortunate stories that serve as valid testimony, I preferred to build a case based upon "expert" knowledge. And there is much on it. One of the better online resources is http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/about/

I remember being told by a nurse, "be sure you make an informed decision". Oddly, she didn't say that to the others in the room who were happy to vaccinate, only to the one who had reservations. This reinforced my suspicions that there is extreme bias on this subject, cultivated by the big pharmaceuticals (sorry to bring in a conspiracy theory).

But seriously, this is one of the most lucrative businesses on earth, and wherever money falls in cascades, there is bound to be some spin-doctoring (lies) aimed at keeping the flow going. As such, we need all be suspicious.

A recent report on the global vaccines market notes: “Thanks in part to the adult influenza market and vaccines such as Gardasil and Prevnar, the global vaccines market has enjoyed a decidedly solid boost in revenue.  Ten years ago, the vaccine market sat at $5.7 billion dollars…now, that market has soared to $27 billion.”  http://over-vaccination.net/

Thanks for your response.  There are so many sources out there so I always appreciate the recommendations!  I got blasted on facebook for even suggesting that people look into the issue.  Like I was some crazed lunatic!  Appreciate your comment!

5. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

I do. However, I don't do everyone I see. Things like childhood vaccines, they have been proven to do good. Now babies don't get chicken pox and small pox. I know that people think we are fillin our bodies with something horrible. However, we do that on a daily basis anyway.

6. parwatisingari profile image60
    parwatisingariposted 4 years ago

As parent my stance was no vaccination. I knew my daughters were already primary +ve for tuberculosis as 99% of Indians are. Measles and mumps and rubella I find in 23yrs practise mutate and manifest despite the  vaccination. when the antibodies are produced with natural course of the/ disease I find that there is stronger immune function working.
    But as a doctor I leave the options to my patients.
    The fear of allergy to vaccines is also there.

7. thewritingowl profile image84
    thewritingowlposted 4 years ago

With my daughter I didn't think twice, in fact I was sure (without researching it myself though) that vaccines were perfectly safe or else we would be told, right? I did the same with my son but in hindsight I should have done that research. I have now, but I will always wish that wish I had done it beforehand. I have written Hubs about this too.

Link here to my initial concern about Vaccines which occured after I read a true story about a woman who has fought for a very long time to prove that Pertussis was to blame for her sons brain damage.
    http://thewritingowl.hubpages.com/hub/P … ping-Cough

Just inform yourself and don't take any one person's word for it and then at least you can't say you didn't know no matter what your decision.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)