jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What will it take to stop your worst habit?

1. Gary Holdaway profile image82
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

What will it take to stop your worst habit?

We all have habits or addictions that plague us, what would it take to get you to actually stop it forever?

2. MSLewis profile image61
    MSLewisposted 5 years ago

The birth of my first child.

I've been an on-again-off-again smoker for about 7 years, averaging about a pack a day. I got engaged 6 months ago, and my fiance has never had an issue with me smoking. Her only rule is that, when we have kids, I never smoke around them. I explained to her that I had planned to quit before our wedding.

If that fails for some reason, I know that the moment my fiance gets pregnant with our first I will quit, no matter what it takes.

3. Jesse Mugnier profile image74
    Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years ago

My worst habit is eating Reese's peanut butter cups like they are going out of style.
    I'm pretty sure I could gain 1000 lbs and never stop eating them.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Our will power is always strong as long as we are willing to do it.

Most of the time when we gave up, it is that we do not stick with our will power that actually can overcome any desire of addiction.

It is up to you to decide whether or not you want the habit to stop.

5. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

Replacing the bad habit with a positive habit for 28 days straight, this amount of days will form a new good habit. Crocheting helps me to quit a negative habit.

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Great question. If'n I was using a bit of dreaming, well, about a year off and a great friend, the wilderness, a PC of some type, and a lot of understanding from hubber friends since the posts will become very odd. Or, keep a journal along the way a create a book from it. Or, write a series of books with that friend. Or, let me think a bit more . . .