jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel about people who are loud in libraries and unappropriate setting

1. andrew savage profile image61
    andrew savageposted 5 years ago

How do you feel about people who are loud in libraries and unappropriate settings?

How do you handle such people?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Oh, how they irritate me! I used to love the library. Homely books stacked row upon row in an awe inspiring building for me to attack and enjoy whenever I wish. The silence is golden, but can always be broken by a crying child, an annoying ringtone, or disrespectful individuals. Typically, I just stop and wait until it is over all the while muttering to myself that they will be cursed somehow for ruining the enthralling surroundings.

3. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

I feel like asking them if they have been raised by wolves. Usually, I just cast withering glances their way. This almost never works because people who are loud  in libraries and other places tend to be entirely un-selfconscious and do not care what other people think of them. Of course, this does not give them the right to be anti-social. I also look around for the absent librarian. People who talk loudly into their cell phones really get my goat.

1. andrew savage profile image61
      andrew savageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would ask them if they were raised by wolves but we all know that wolves are silent most of the time... maybe they were raised by squaking pelicans. The problem with many people who are not aware is that they do not understand the needs of others.

working