jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

How to cure dry skin during winter?

1. bituinolayquizano profile image61
    bituinolayquizanoposted 5 years ago

How to cure dry skin during winter?

Every winter my skin tend to be dry and even I put lotion on like jergens etc...it does'nt work are there any suggestions on what I should use or do?Answers to my queries will be well appreciated.

2. scarletquill99 profile image81
    scarletquill99posted 5 years ago

Vitamin E cream is great... as is Vitamin E oil.

bituinolayquizanoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advise.

3. vmoulton profile image60
    vmoultonposted 5 years ago

I am sure there are a million ideas from Google but here are a few of my tips:

Stay hydrated.
    Try using Organic, Unrefined Cocoa Butter or Shea Butter. (Mountainroseherbs.com)
    Try essential oils in a carrier oil (olive,coconut, etc)

I will try to do your advise spacelly with the organic unrefined cocoa butter or shea butter.

4. MargaritaEden profile image75
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I have the same problem every winter, and drinking more water really helps, I also use heavier face cream during the winter, I make it myself, 1 oz of cocoa butter, 1 oz coconut oil melted and blended with 1 of of grape seed oil, I also add a few drops of lavender essential oil,  works wonderful for me. Good luck!

Thank you i will try to do the same too.

5. profile image57
    elderadvisorposted 5 years ago

This pumpkin mask has worked for me

2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin
    ½ teaspoon honey
    ¼ teaspoon milk

Combine all of the ingredients and apply a thin layer on your face or where ever you have dry skin.  Let it sit for about 20 minutes.   Rinse with lukewarm water and then apply a layer of your favorite lotion.

6. JessBraz profile image93
    JessBrazposted 5 years ago

Baby oil on your skin when you get out of the shower, before you dry off... Let it soak in for a mintue then pat yourself dry... Just don't put it on your face, it'll clog your pores....   Aveeno Oatmeal lotion works great as well

7. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Hydration through fluid intake and alternating coconut oil and vitamin e (open a liquid gel vitamin capsule to squeeze out the vitamin e), and eating avocados.

8. Samith Jhon profile image66
    Samith Jhonposted 5 years ago

Increase your water level. Drink up! Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of pure water a day to keep your skin and body properly hydrated. Drink more if you’re super active.

Add oil to your bath. Add a tablespoon or so of almond, jojoba, olive, or hazelnut oil to your bath water after you’ve soaked for about 5 minutes. By soaking first, your skin gets plumped up by the water, then by adding the oil, it will seal in the absorbed moisture.

9. charmjerks profile image39
    charmjerksposted 4 years ago

HI,
    You need to moisturize daily with a quality lotion or skin cream .
    Always use sunscreen when go outside
    Don't use scrubbing the skin while bathing
    and apply moisturizer after bathing.
    You will seethe difference on your skin.

10. Amyhill123 profile image45
    Amyhill123posted 3 years ago

Yeah , Thats true in winter my skin also dries a lot & it becomes very rough. And this happens specially in winter. So better solution for this is to apply proper moisturizer to skin.

You can also have massage with sesame oil. This will keep your skin a bit oily during winter.

working