This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How does being a fake person today affect us all?

1. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

How does being a fake person today affect us all?

There are those folks who put up the illusion that they are being true to others, and then there are those whom are obviously phony, and fake. Does this have a grave effect on us all today, please explain in great detail your thoughts on this very question.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7460187_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 5 years ago

Great question. This has kind of haunted me abit because on line it is sometimes hard to know. When you put your heart into a person, I am talking about friends, you hope they are being real with you. Of course it would hurt to find out someone was not who you thought or was just living a lie. Time is the only thing...I don't think the mask can last and sooner or later the truth comes out.Consistency is the key I do believe!

CloudExplorerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's rough dealing with fake folks, I tend to hate it when they act like they such a good person, and then turn around & play silly games of deceit, misdirection, and even worse back stabbing. This to me is the worst thing about being a fake pers

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

Yes, I believe when we encounter fakeness and insincerity, it affects our ability to trust. When we continue to encounter these types of people, we no longer know what to believe. Being able to trust is at the core of true intimacy in relationships, be it personal, professional, or friendships. So I say, mosdef, fakeness effects us at our core and creates mistrust.

Trust is a major issue, yupper you got that right! Nice answer Janshares.

4. Livingtwentyfirst profile image79
    Livingtwentyfirstposted 5 years ago

Makes other people feel smaller or at times overstretched trying to achieve maybe as much or half ua fake self

Yes indeed false expectations is a true bummer, I prefer for people to be realistic and be honest about things altogether, it makes life much easier to handle you know. Thanks for sharing your answer.

5. Tonipet profile image83
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

Talking by experience, I'm sure many of us has many times been deceived with this fake sincerity. Little did we realize, we already have put a big wall between us and others. The danger is when trust will become one of the hardest things to give. I hope that won't happen. Blessings to us all.:smile

working