jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

If a doctor informed you that you only have 10 years left to live, how would you

1. KeithJK profile image60
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

If a doctor informed you that you only have 10 years left to live, how would you spend it?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I think I understand the goal of your question--trying to see what people would place as priorities. However, 10 years is a long time and there are too many variables. I will be 62 soon. Men in my family are not noted for longevity, so I may be looking at that 10 year deadline.
    With that said, I would simply live each day as it comes. Yes, there are places I would like to visit and things I would like to do, but other circumstances may prevent that. My wife's family has a habit of living into their 90s (one uncle is pushing 100 this year). So, one goal is to see that she is provided for through insurance, no debt and whatever else I can do to make her life easier.

If I was 20 or 30 and single, my response would probably be different, but then again, maybe not. From the age of 24 to 37, I had to the best job--not the best-paying--but the best job I could ever have. I would have hated to miss that time doing something that only provided momentary enjoyment or satisfaction.

Thus, the final answer is--I would just live my life. I would make plans to secure my family's future and enjoy  each day as it comes.

1. KeithJK profile image60
      KeithJKposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is the variable in this scenario. You've been given two weeks, and then life is lived in the moment and not taken for granted.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Ten years is a long time, for no one is even promised tomorrow. I would probably consider it a blessing knowing that I would be living another ten years. It is much, much better than a doctor looking at you and saying anytime now.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Finish my degree. Pop out a few more kids, after Corbin is out too. I'd leave them a few things to remember me by as well. I'd spoil everyone I know and act as if I'd live forever. A nightmare would be for others to know and treat me differently for it.

5. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I would continue living each day as I already do..enjoying my Family/Friends... especially my G-C..which I try to share my accomplishment/failures ( and why )
    I try to  teach them to prioritize and toss the garbage aside..in other words the important things, like be true to yourself always. Writing as I do about life and getting the word out, has become my passion and purpose in life..whether people read and adhere or not, at least I got the word out there..but it's still  their choice if they wish to apply it....HOWEVER... I want everyone to know they are not alone in their plights, and do have choices...I live as a " WEED " and we are a pretty hardy lot...
    great question thanks for asking...

6. Jakerg1994 profile image59
    Jakerg1994posted 5 years ago

I would earn a degree in Architecture, my favorite job in the world, then build a beautiful  house somewhere in the mountains to where you can look out and see the world in all its beauty. And during that time I would do my best to help anyone that needs help. In the end, all that matters to me is making everyone as happy as they can be even if that means sacrificing a little bit out of my life. :-)

working