jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you gain will power?

1. jojoluvsjon profile image61
    jojoluvsjonposted 5 years ago

How do you gain will power?

Looking for ideas and suggestions on how to resist the irresistible!

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Basically, it just takes determination and hard work. Set yourself small goals and once you reach them, you will gain more will power to reach your ultimate goal. Good luck!

3. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

To gain will power I focus on what I want instead of what I don't want. I think of things I want to do. For example I want to maintain a healthy diet so I eat a lot of healthy food. Since I fill up on healthy food I don't have much room for junk food. I want to be lean and muscular so I exercise. The focus is on being active and building muscle while doing things I enjoy like biking to the beach, going for walks in the woods and playing Wii sports games. I don't focus on fat or my weight,

Another way I gain will power is to do body weight exercises like planks and push-ups. It provides me with mental and physical exercise because you need to will yourself to continue to do the exercise.

4. Mr. Thinktank profile image79
    Mr. Thinktankposted 5 years ago

Sometimes it is not lack of will power that you're facing, but an emotional problem that you haven't found a way to solve. One solution, that seems to have success, is using and repeating positive affirmations to strengthen and improve your mental psyche. If you're interested here is a link to a site that has some affirmations for you to follow: http://www.prolificliving.com/blog/2012 … irmations/

I don't know if this helps you with your question, but  I thought it would be good to mention it.

5. Markie W profile image61
    Markie Wposted 5 years ago

I gain will power by motivation and daydreaming about how wonderful my life would be if I put my will power into place. To motivate myself I could watch a few motivational videos on youtube or go check out some motivational books from the library. Good luck!

working