jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you include five fruits and vegetables in your diet each day?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

How do you include five fruits and vegetables in your diet each day?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7336899_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Easily. Most days for lunch I have salad, with oily fish or 5 bean salad.  In the afternoon I have a Kiwi Fruit, pear, and a pure apple juice.  For dinner I have vegetables, with pasta and meat or fish.  On days that I don't have salad for lunch I will have it for dinner with cold meat.

3. Missy Mac profile image82
    Missy Macposted 5 years ago

I make a breakfast skillet which includes peppers and a variety of vegies.  Potatoes or eggs is the base of the meal.  I make fruit smoothies and eat soup and greens.  I include all types of vegetables in a large pot and eat for weeks.  In addition, I freeze half of the soup for another day.  I love eating low calorie fruit pies with strawberries, kiwi, and lemon/lime.  I am trying to move away from the leafy salad, because the bag of salad only stays about 3 days in the fridge.  A soup and smoothies are a better choice for me.

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Missy Mac. I like the idea of having the veggies all chopped up and in a bowl in the frig. It makes cooking so much easier.
      Lisa

4. Abby Campbell profile image93
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

I always shoot for 10 servings of vegetables and fruit per day (8 veggies and 2 fruit). I usually have 2-3 servings of veggies with breakfast by adding either spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, or onions to my egg whites. That usually gets my day started off right. For snacks, I will have a protein smoothie mixed with kale, carrots, and some form of berries. For lunch, I will add steamed veggies or a side salad. For dinner, I will add a variety of veggies with my protein in stir-fry, chili, stews, etc. :-)

working