jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever experience chinese medicine???

1. tuteramanda profile image60
    tuteramandaposted 4 years ago

Have you ever experience chinese medicine???

The doctrines of Chinese medicine are rooted in books such as the Yellow Emperor's Inner Canon and the Treatise on Cold Damage, as well as in cosmological notions like yin-yang and the five phases. Starting in the 1950s, these precepts were modernized in the People's Republic it so as to integrate many anatomical and pathological notions with scientific medicine. Nonetheless, many of its assumptions, including the model of the body, or concept of disease, are not supported by modern evidence-based medicine.

2. Randy M. profile image87
    Randy M.posted 4 years ago

Yes.  And I know that they work.  I believe that, while the theories may not be accepted by modern medicine and their corresponding studies, there have been many studies that have demonstrated positive effects of many of the different TCM modalities.  There may be complaints in some scientific circles that some of the studies were inadequately rigorous, but the overall results demonstrate healing effects.

I have used acupuncture and acupressure, as well as various herbs that are used as TCM remedies.  I also practice qigong.  And I have a scientific background.  That would seem to make me a walking contradiction, but experiencing healing in this manner is different than seeing it or thinking about it from afar.

3. Lor's Stories profile image61
    Lor's Storiesposted 4 years ago

It makes sense.
    But my insurance doesn't cover it.

4. profile image0
    Delila1posted 4 years ago

Chinese Medicine (TCM) is really wonderful and has so much to offer, from herbs to accupuncture.  I have tried it and continue to do with success. It is important of course to avoid quacks and to go to someone who really is professional.