jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever had a worm infection? What were the symptoms?

1. Wasteless Project profile image91
    Wasteless Projectposted 4 years ago

Have you ever had a worm infection? What were the symptoms?

2. artist101 profile image71
    artist101posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7777540_f260.jpg

Among the symptoms of a worm, or parasite infection include the following: Anal itching, weight loss, loss of appetite, diarrhea, gas, poor absorption of nutrients, and  anemia.
    Parasites, and worms can be contracted from under cooked food, unclean food, walking barefoot on contaminated soil, as well as from animals, and improper disposal of human, and animal waste, as well as contaminated water.
    If you have these symptoms see your doctor for a stool sample, and for proper diagnosis, and treatment. Usually an anti biotic. Parasite infection may become chronic, and need on going treatment. Not anything to mess around with!!! the type of infection will determine the course of treatment.
    Among the most helpful of supplements, not instead of proper treatment, include acidophulis, to restore intestinal flora, after a round of anti biotics. As well as grapefruit seed extract, 1 drop in 1 ounce of water, up to three times a day. Has been found to be very effective for parasites, and worms, in stubborn cases. Also a good cleaning agent, for fruits, and vegetables.
    Do not drink tap water, only bottled or filtered, and l glutamine, to help heal the intestines, and colon.
    http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/IBS-I … Treatments
    **I cannot over emphasis, SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

1. artist101 profile image71
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great question, on a subject no one wants to talk about. Weight loss, or loss of appetite should not be taken lightly, and warrants immediate attention.

2. Wasteless Project profile image91
      Wasteless Projectposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you artist101 for your elaborate answer! I shifted to Mumbai and found that worm infections are still rather common here. Interestingly more worm infections might be related to less allergic reactions on the up-side...

3. artist101 profile image71
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I would want to know why? Is it the water or food. For worm infestation is nothing to take lightly. Cayenne,garlic, and turmeric are very effective against worms. I wish you well. Id be avoiding the cause. Just a thought.

working