jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you do in order to relax?

1. mbyL profile image82
    mbyLposted 4 years ago

What do you do in order to relax?

2. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Ride my motorcycle, photography go to some of the many places of beauty that are nearby when the weather is good.
    Write and blog when the weather isn't so good,,,, TV when I'm lazy.
    I also like tinkering and DIY projects but it can be very frustrating in 3rd world countries where quality bits & pieces & tools are hard t find.

3. Grace-Wolf-30 profile image61
    Grace-Wolf-30posted 4 years ago

Read, or write a good hub. Or yoga, running, reading tarot cards can be fun. I barely ever watch TV, but when I do it's usually natural documentaries. I also meditate, I like to be quiet when I'm winding down.

4. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 4 years ago

Bringing inner peace through creativity can relax and  give us calmness and peace of mind. In our normal day-to-day life, we often use our left brain to understand, question, judge people around us. Whereas the right side brain is connected to listening music, emotions and creativity. This sometime makes us dull, tired and imbalances our mind. Meditation is however,  a perfect way in order to relax. . When our mind is in balance, It .refreshes and re-energizes  us and as a result the quality of creativity  also wells up.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image88
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 4 years ago

I watch movies and usually old Disney movies so my mind goes blank from every day thoughts and I am very lucky to stay awake!

6. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 4 years ago

I exercise, usually in the form of playing ice hockey; however, sometimes by working out at our college gym or walking our Belgian Malinois via the wilderness trails near where we reside.
    Relaxation by exercise brings calmness and increases BGNF in our brain to enhance our abilities and simultaneously relax us. Walking our dog on the wilderness trails is literally a walk in the woods and is usually significantly relaxing and chalk full of contemplative thought...

7. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 4 years ago

Listen to meditation music or read a book. It took me a while to get into this type of music, but it actually can help relieve stress. 

You can get loads of free podcasts on iTunes. Just having it on in the background as you go about your work or study can sometimes be relaxing. Sometimes just relaxing on the couch with a funny book can also help release all the tension of the day and allow me to relax.

8. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
    AMAZING THINKERposted 4 years ago

Exercise or practice boxing, shadowboxing, jump rope, jogging is the best and also meditation helps.

9. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 4 years ago

In the summer I love to pick at my flowers!! When I get home from work I walk around my flowers and dead head them....for some reason I find it very relaxing.
    Afterwards I usually sit on the deck and enjoy the quiet! Sometimes I'll read a book or magazine but I truly don't mind just sitting and admiring the birds, flowers and our woods. In the winter the thing that relaxes me the most is sitting in front of the fire....