jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why does it feel so good to bathe in natural springs ?

1. hulah cagen profile image59
    hulah cagenposted 4 years ago

Why does it feel so good to bathe in natural springs ?

2. angryelf profile image92
    angryelfposted 4 years ago

Because there is nothing better than basking in the kind embrace of nature while breathing in her most fragrant perfume in its concentrated form smile

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"while breathing in her most fragrant perfume in its concentrated form smile"
      LOL!

2. angryelf profile image92
      angryelfposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What? Haha the pure air of nature smells good smile

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I laughed because most natural hot springs smell like sulfur.  Few people consider that "fragrant".

4. hulah cagen profile image59
      hulah cagenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi angryself: Yes I agree that there is nothing better than nature in its purest form!

5. angryelf profile image92
      angryelfposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm well aware of sulfur water- I myself am hardly bothered by it anymore. I am referring to the general fresh air, bit of confusion I guess lol. When you live out in nature and have well water? The smell of sulfur, well, you get used to it!

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

1) Soaking in hot water relaxes the muscles and soothes jangled nerves.
    2) The minerals dissolved in the natural hot springs makes the water more dense, thus magnifying the effect.
    3) Those dissolved minerals do wonders for the skin.  You usually come out with it glowing.  I've done mud packs with the clay mixed with hot spring water, and the results were marvelous!
    4) Most natural hot springs are located in areas of natural beauty, so you get to enjoy the scenery during your soak.
    5) You can actually drink from some of them!  I once visited Alum Rock Park in San Jose, CA.  There used to be a bathhouse there, but it closed for environmental reasons.  They now have a self-guided tour, and there's a naturally carbonated spring you can drink from!  True, it tasted a little sulfuric, but you can mix it with Crystal Lite powder to mask that flavor.
    As you can tell, I'm a HUGE fan of hot springs!

1. hulah cagen profile image59
      hulah cagenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Say Yes to Life: Thank you for your answers! Yes it is sad that some of these places are not easily accessible and the waters are not in their pristine condition. They do have many wonderful therapeutic properties.

working