jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you living or existing?

1. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Are you living or existing?

Do you think there is a difference between live and exist?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8138115_f260.jpg

2. TNT Husky profile image71
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

there is, and very few people truly live. but, in that respect, what is living? the question of the difference is about as elusive as the line that would separate them should we be sure it existed to begin with. Personally, I don't feel the need to define the two. I'll just continue to do as I enjoy doing, and be satisfied with the end result either way.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Living, full of things to do with life surrounding you. Existing is just empty.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

I find that there is a difference and it's not very subtle. Believe it or not, it was the comedy Phoenix Nights that taught me the difference in a single line. When people say "live life to the fullest", it means doing everything you can that you enjoy all the time before Him up there loses his rag with you.

Existing is like how an inanimate object exists, or a sound exists - it doesn't do anything, its purpose is to do a single thing in its lifespan before being forgotten and buried beneath the lonely sands of time. Many people, myself included, neglect ourselves by doing absolutely nothing and thus if we don't contribute anything to society or ourselves, we are simply existing.

5. profile image56
    wheatbaybayposted 4 years ago

I personally that there is a difference between living and existing. Living means life, it means doing everything you can while you can. Existing is mundane and meaningless. Living is doing everything you enjoy and some of those things could be spending time with family and friends. Living means to me doing what I makes me happy. Life is meant to be lived to fullest simply because of the limited amount of time we have here on earth. Existing to me is someone who gets up in morning with no purpose in life; no prospects for the future.

6. Darksage profile image77
    Darksageposted 4 years ago

Many people nowadays just exist. They stopped living, they are just confined by the reality of life and they were not able to take it. Some, like me, live. We live because we do what makes us alive, we do not ignore it, and we don't let our lives be planned by whatever comes may. We decided to live and not just exist.

working