jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to sooth your feet after a long shift stomping around behin

1. Argonaut Jess profile image61
    Argonaut Jessposted 4 years ago

What is the best way to sooth your feet after a long shift stomping around behind the bar?

If you have been on your feet for hours and hours, is there a quick and easy pain relief? Any tricks?

2. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

I am on my feet all day and find the easiest relief to be a good soak in the tub followed by rolling my feet on a hardwood foot massager to work my arches and foot muscles. Of course, the BEST way to get relief would be a nice reflexology massage from a significant other or a paid masseuse.  Gel or leather  insoles which provide cushion and support prevent aches and fatigue after a long day too.  Since you are at a bar, take a few breaks to do toe lifts, raising up and down w/  3 sets of 10 as well as leg pumps and foot circles. All the best! smile

3. theryanpride profile image79
    theryanprideposted 4 years ago

A water bottle frozen and roll your feet with it or soak in warm water with epson salt and rub vicks on your feet and put socks on.I know it sounds crazy but it really does feel good on those tied feet.

4. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Warm salted water works perfectly for it relieves pain and makes the feet feel quite relaxed.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I would take a nice hot relaxing bath and let everything soak for a while. Then when you get out, sit with them raised up a bit  or lay on the couch for 45 minutes. They will feel much better.  If you have a willing spouse, maybe a foot massage - that would be heaven. 

Also be sure you have really good shoes for that time when you are on your feet.