jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Does losing weight and weighing yourself constantly go together?

1. Relationshipc profile image88
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

Does losing weight and weighing yourself constantly go together?

When trying to lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle, do you find weighing yourself every day encouraging or discouraging?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8214170_f260.jpg

2. DreamerMeg profile image91
    DreamerMegposted 4 years ago

Neither - I don't even own a weighing machine. I go on how my clothes fit me, not on my weight. If you do weightlifting, you can tone your figure so your clothes fit better or get loose even if you increase your weight. Muscle weighs more for the same VOLUME as fat. Think of two bricks or blocks the same size: one is made of fat, the other of muscle. The block of muscle will weigh more, even though they are the same size. Now, if you had two bricks the same, and made one do weightlifting, that one would get slimmer, even though it might still weigh the same as the other brick or even a little heavier. Women cannot bulk up, so don't worry that you would start to look like Arnie Schwarzennegger, you won't.

Relationshipcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol. I can tell that you don't use a scale because you called it a 'weighing machine'. Good point.

3. OMGirdle profile image79
    OMGirdleposted 4 years ago

Weighing yourself can be to your detriment. If you are trying to live a healthier life, then you are exercising. Exercising produces muscle, even to the most minimum workout. Muscle weighs more than fat. Depending on your body type, you may gain weight but lose inches.

Thanks for commenting - it makes absolute sense.

2. lencecc profile image58
      lenceccposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think it could be counter productive, i.e. if it is taking a bit of time to get the weight off then you might get discouraged instead of encouraged

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

No. I have found weighing yourself can be a roller coaster ride as far as water loss and water gain. I would suggest going by how your clothes fit and losing inches instead of concentrating on weight.

Plus, those who workout with weights and are dieting, muscle weighs more than fat. A scale is not your friend.

Indeed. A scale is an enemy to many people. smile

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Honestly, I only weigh once a week. If I weigh more often, I indulge in more sugary or calorie-filled food to celebrate which actually makes the dieting process worse.

1. cat on a soapbox profile image97
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with once a week at the most; however, weighing myself every day is discouraging rather than encouraging. Overnight gain and loss is usually fluid related rather than caloric.

6. GeneliaS profile image60
    GeneliaSposted 4 years ago

Hiii ,

A number of weight-loss pills are available at your local drugstore, supermarket or health food store.

Regards,
    bluepharmacyrx.com/

working