jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How will new health care in America play a part in overcoming medical debt per p

1. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

How will new health care in America play a part in overcoming medical debt per person?

I just finished paying off six months of medical bills and I have private insurance.  Some say that Obamacare will help those that currently have no health insurance.  How will the newly structured health care system in America play a part in eliminating individual medical debt per person?  For example, how would it have helped my hospital debt after I had deductibles and co-pays for hospitalizations and surgeries under current private health care?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8319651_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I cannot for the life of me see how it will help in any way. Our private medical insurance went up over 20% and the letter stated it was because of Obamacare.  Now you will be required to have insurance or be penalized.

It simply is not going to be the panacea that repairs our broken system.

1. profile image0
      CalebSparksposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Right, duffsmom. Socialized healthcare was coming long before Obama. It serves to exert more control over the life of the individual and businesses.

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Someone I know is looking forward to obamacare because she has no insurance at all and said it will help her.  But for the average person like myself that has had medical debt, I don't think it will help at all.

3. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think your friend will find that it is no easy fix and certainly not free.

working