jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What are the hindrance of prayer?

1. boyatdelhi profile image84
    boyatdelhiposted 4 years ago

What are the hindrance of prayer?

2. jeffreymaskel profile image74
    jeffreymaskelposted 4 years ago

I am not religious nor do I pray.  I felt I needed to say that before I gave my best possible thought on what are the hindrance to prayer.  I would think to say that pride, busyness, or maybe disbelief.

1. lone77star profile image83
      lone77starposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good ones, Jeffrey. Prayer is simply "asking." But it's a spiritual asking. If you think you're only a Homo sapiens body, that could be the biggest barrier along with ego (the source of pride).

3. Celiegirl profile image75
    Celiegirlposted 4 years ago

Condemnation!
    We tend not to think in terms of HOW much we are loved by GOD. When we really look at what Christ Jesus has done, and who we are in Christ Jesus, we would not allow anything or anybody according to the the bible to keep us from talking to God in prayer.

4. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

The biggest hindrance to prayer is ego.

Ego is the source of all manner of problems. It is the source of all selfishness (evil). It consists of dichotomy, so it includes all good, but for its own sake. In this way, it is the attitude of the Pharisee to appear good, but for the sake of self.

Humility is the antidote to ego.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I think some people just don't know what to say. Others repeat prayers they've been taught and give up because they may feel such prayers are useless. One way to fix these two problems is to start talking to God like you would your best friend because there are no secret formulas for praying.

6. ajibulu profile image59
    ajibuluposted 4 years ago

First of all, what is prayer? It is communication with God. To communicate with God, you need to know and understand His nature. Once you know His nature, you can communicate/pray without  any hindrance. The first Step? You need silence.

working