jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to kill bugs in a home where an elderly person lives?

1. Christa Swope profile image36
    Christa Swopeposted 4 years ago

What is the best way to kill bugs in a home where an elderly person lives?

(She doesn't want to bomb.) There are so many! Help!

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I would call an exterminator. All the necessary chemicals can be applied and she will not have to leave the home. I think this to be the best course of action. The exterminator can do what needs to be done without even disturbing her.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

If the bug problem is severe, I'd agree w/ JThompson and call an exterminator. These companies offer less toxic alternatives than in the past, using deltamethrin, boric acid, and botanical oils. Ask for the natural alternatives. All the best.

4. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 4 years ago

Yes, call an exterminating company. There are certain types of chemicals used for the type of bug you want to get rid of. They know which ones to use, much more effective than those you get at the local store. Let them know your situation with the elderly person and they can help you figure out the best way to get rid of the bugs. I had to do this a few years ago for ants and spiders. The exterminator came once a month for three months in a row, and it worked. The cost was very reasonable, and worth it. We did have to leave the house for 4 to 6 hours, until it dried. After it dried it was safe for people or pets. If you try to exterminate them yourself, you will constantly be using poisonous sprays, smelling it, spending money each time to buy it, then they are still there...so to avoid all this stress, call a company. There should be improved ways to do this without leaving the house, if its not convenient for you to do so. Good luck!

1. lupine profile image73
      lupineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Christa, Thank you for choosing my answer as "best".