jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What do you hate most about hospitals?

1. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

What do you hate most about hospitals?

I've been sitting with my husband for two days now at the hospital and I think I hate the fact it is freezing cold most. What about you?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

There is a sterile, kind of chemical smell I can't stand that is pervasive in every hospital I've ever been in. Also the florescent lighting irritates me.   Hope your husband gets well soon!

3. bethperry profile image93
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. My thoughts are with you both.

The thing I hate most about hospitals is that medication and the routine checks -blood pressure, blood drawing, ect. - are scheduled to what is convenient for the staff, not the patients. I am sure this is out of necessity, but when they wake up a patient up 3AM to take blood and again at 4AM to take blood pressure, then 7AM to dole out meds, I cannot see how this contributes positively to a patient getting rest.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Unless one MUST positively, absolutely, be hospitalized for "life-saving" cause or reason.......I say "AVOID," them !!   Just in the last year, I personally know 3 people who have gone to the Hospital for one thing or another....and picked up ILLNESS from the GERMS that breed especially rampant in HOSPITALS.... A friend of mine did not die of his cancer.......he died due to MRSA.....which he picked up during his last visit to the Hospital.    I hate pretty much everything about hospitals.....we should all, at least be LEARY of them.  It's getting worse, rather than better.  WHY?  Take a guess.   The answer is the same answer for practically all of business and society......MONEY.

1. bethperry profile image93
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, fpherj48. I picked up a staf infection once while in the hospital. Another time a nurse almost blew the flesh off my arm when she failed to realize she didn't have the i.v. in a vein.

5. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years ago

I agree with what @ChristinS said about the chemical smell. It's also really quiet like a library except when the emergency sounds go off. My prayers are to you and your husband.

working