What did you do today that helped you realize how much you have to be thankful f

1. WiseRabbit profile image83
    WiseRabbitposted 4 years ago

What did you do today that helped you realize how much you have to be thankful for?

Today I walked for an hour with my Granddaughter and our newly rescued dog up a mountain road. The weather was perfect for a fall day, the clouds were pretty and we saw some fantastic views. My granddaughter got a kick out of sitting on a large rock on the way up and then again on the way back down. She smiled, sang, and bounced along, not a care in the world. The dog was as sweet as she could be, walking so nicely that my three-year-old granddaughter had no problem holding the leash the whole time. Later, my husband and I enjoyed a meal out, then watched a gorgeous sunset. My heart is full.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8531678_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

That sounds amazing WiseRabbit.  We love to take our rescued dogs to the dog park. 

To answer your question, last week I was at the grocery store.  The cashier, a young lady, asked me several questions like if I want to donate to various charities, or if I had any coupons, etc.  I politely responded to each question, and then she said, "it gets annoying, but the store makes me ask these questions."  To which I asked her if she had ever been to a local department store that is known for asking about 10 questions before a person can check out.  She replied, no ma'am, I can't afford that store.

I don't shop at that store a whole lot, but right there, that comment from this young woman working for minimum wage at a grocery store, with dark circles under her eyes, left me feeling very humbled.  It's not a very expensive department store.  But it shows the level of poverty in this area. 

So, that's what helped me realize what I have to be thankful for.  Sometimes I think we're struggling, until I meet someone who has it a lot worse.

working