Belgium parliament has passed a bill allowing euthanasia for terminally ill chil

1. raymondphilippe profile image82
    raymondphilippeposted 4 years ago

Belgium parliament has passed a bill allowing euthanasia for terminally ill children. Any thoughts?

Parliament in Belgium has passed a bill allowing euthanasia for terminally ill children without any age limit, by 86 votes to 44, with 12 abstentions.
    When, as expected, the bill is signed by the king, Belgium will become the first country in the world to remove any age limit on the practice.
    It may be requested by terminally ill children who are in great pain and also have parental consent. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26181615

2. karinhistory profile image58
    karinhistoryposted 4 years ago

I think it is a good step they took.
    I understand that "The child must have a terminal and incurable illness, with death expected to occur "within a brief period." The child must also be experiencing "constant and unbearable physical suffering." Like for adults desiring euthanasia, that diagnosis and prognosis must be agreed upon by the treating physician and an outsider brought in to give a second opinion".

Personally I think the fact that there is a possibility available to request euthenasia will reassure those who fear a long agony

Closed to reply

working