jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Do you think e-cigarette is à good solution to quit smoking ?

1. Cyrille MODIANO profile image60
    Cyrille MODIANOposted 4 years ago

Do you think e-cigarette is à good solution to quit smoking ?

2. raymondphilippe profile image82
    raymondphilippeposted 4 years ago

I don't think so. It seems to me it's just replacing one unhealthy habit with another.

Cyrille MODIANOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, but since the e-cigarette is healthier, don't you think we should encourage people to leave the conventional cigarette to e-cigarette?

2. raymondphilippe profile image82
      raymondphilippeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't smoke myself so i never gave it much thought. Have no idea if the e-cigarette less unhealthy

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

They're a nice idea in theory but I don't know how well they work. My wife tried an e-cig for a while but eventually she "back-slid" and went back to regular cigarettes. When I asked why she gave up using the e-cig she said "I don't know, it just felt...weird."

I think the first reason for people who don't like e-cigs is because they bought shitty quality e-cig or didn't try a good e-liquid.

4. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

Not if you are serious about quitting because you are still inhaling nicotine.  I haven't seen anyone actually quit after using them. They go back to smoking the real ones.  I quit over a year ago using Chantix.  My husband quit a couple months ago using a patch. Its really hard to say which is better, but if you can do it without a crutch you are better off.  Side effects from withdrawal is there for a few weeks no matter what you use.

5. Bubblegum Jones profile image59
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 4 years ago

No not really, E-cigarettes just prolong the smoking habit. If you are really interested in quitting your smoking habit then nicotine patches is the way to go. 21mg for 4 weeks, 14 mg for 2 weeks & 7 mg for 2 weeks. All together 8 weeks and it worked for me.

I think you pointed in the right direction, it is not a good way to quit smoking but it is nevertheless a good recommendation for smokers who are not yet ready to quit smoking, e-cigarettes are less harmful to health

6. Sandra Celik profile image61
    Sandra Celikposted 4 years ago

I have found them to be an excellent way to quit smoking. After 8 months of using them I have no intention of quitting vaping.  I react badly to total nicotine withdrawal and would also be concerned about having a zero intake of nicotine for other reasons.  There are several medical studies, the information of which can be accessed on Google about the benefits of nicotine in certain diseases such as Parkinson and Alzheimer.  I'm not trying to promote either smoking or vaping E Cigs, but it has to be recognized that nicotine may have some health benefits that need to be explored.

Thank you for answering, have you got links to theses studies, I was not aware of this.

2. Sandra Celik profile image61
      Sandra Celikposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is much to be read on the subject if you Google it, here are some links though that may be a start.   http://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/new … lzheimers/
      http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/conten

7. deecoleworld profile image81
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

No just going from one habit to another. The only thing that is unique about e-cig is that it is electronic.

Cyrille MODIANOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree about the habit, but what about the benefits for health ?

working