jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

When was the last time you (metaphorically) took a dive into the unknown?

1. suraj punjabi profile image86
    suraj punjabiposted 4 years ago

When was the last time you (metaphorically) took a dive into the unknown?

I am interested to know if anyone has ever tried doing something they have never done before in their lives. I know one blogger who quit her 9 to 5 job to become a blogger and travel the world without knowing whether it was going to work! have you ever done something like that? if you have, do share your stories and inspire one another!

2. janshares profile image98
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Yes, I did the same going solo with my counseling practice and joining HP! I left my job after 22 years on a wing and a prayer. I was looking for something part-time to supplement the solo practice when I came across an ad for writers. I knew nothing about becoming a "online" writer although I had written before. Besides my poetry and a few work-related pieces that were later posted online, I had never published anything online. I was clueless about the culture, the lingo, the rules, etc. I understood "traffic" to be something that moves on a highway. I was also new to expanding my own business and not receiving a salary paycheck for the first time in my life. Both of these ventures began in summer of 2012 and turns out to be the best career moves I ever made, with God as my business partner.

suraj punjabiposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am impressed. To make a big change we have to take a big leap into the abyss and have some faith in the unknown.

3. kerlund74 profile image80
    kerlund74posted 4 years ago

I am on my way right now. A situation in my company resulted in offers for employes with long time in the company to leave with full payment for upp to 20 months.
    I have choosen that and will leave last of July. Though I have kids and live a family life I can not travel the world. I never been to some higher education, that is what I will go for this autumn. I will get a degree and on the side look what my options are in an own buissness, online. I have broad experience from graphic design to writing and Project Managment. I felt my time in this company (after 16 years) is over. It can be compared with a relationship that is almost "finnished", you just have to leave. Now here is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I'm taking.

suraj punjabiposted 3 years agoin reply to this

wow! I did the same thing some few years back. Only i did not exactly quit my job, but I did save some money from my job and decided to pursue my bachelor's degree in marketing while working. I wish you good luck in your journey. smile

working