jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is it the food or the kind of fat that it is fried in that is bad for you?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

Is it the food or the kind of fat that it is fried in that is bad for you?

2. profile image0
    Dave36posted 3 years ago

In my opinion all processed/packaged food is bad for us, in fact bread has no nutritional value now unless the bread manufacturers add nutrients to it....People think that we're supposed to eat 5 fruit or veg a day, when in actual fact it's at least 10 a day that we should be having....Eating healthy is really quite simple & cheap to do, & takes me 20 mins to do my food for an entire day....Get a large food box, & fill it every morning with:
    A chopped onion/carrot/radish/mushroom/a pepper/tomatoes/green leaves washed & cut up with scissors/salted & roasted nuts/sunflower seeds/+ any other veg you want, then add a sprinkle of mixed herbs/pepper/tumeric whatever you want to basically....Put some cooked pasta in there as well, for your carbs for energy....Then you want some extra protein in there, i put mackerel/tuna or chicken in mine, & don't forget nuts are a good source of protein....The beauty of this method is that it will take you 20 mins to do the lot, then you take your box to work etc, & eat when your peckish....You can even put sausages/bacon in if you want, because the gist of it is is that you only eat when your peckish, & you never eat too much at once....So you will probably have a bite 7 or 8 times a day, instead of just 3 meals....ps try to consume the pasta by 6pm....It doesn't even matter if your not keen on salad stuff, because after just 30 days of eating like this you will end up loving it.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I did not say anything about processed foods.

2. profile image0
      Dave36posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Anything with Hydrogenated Fat (artificial fat) is to be avoided, which is vegetable oil that's blasted with hydrogen to make it act like Saturated Fat..So  your far better off frying with Lard & using Butter, than frying in oils & using Marg

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I see.  U C I fry things at home and the are fresh vegetables and the like.  I love fried carrots. ppl think I am weird.  I do have vegetable shortening that I fry things in. I have lard to make bird feed too.  I could use that too for cooking.  Thnx

4. profile image0
      Dave36posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Roasted Parsnips are my favourites, but I'm gonna try some fried Carrots!lol (sounds quite tasty).Like your already doing mate, fresh veg is key & real fat to fry with.I put a sprinkle of mixed herbs in when i cook, quick & simple & full

3. Penny G profile image75
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

It could be both. It depends on what you are cooking. I never use oil, because even olive oil has 100 calories per tablespoon. I use Pam is I must cook in a frying pan.

working