jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

If you could live to be 100, would you want to?

1. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

If you could live to be 100, would you want to?

2. Amanda108 profile image91
    Amanda108posted 3 years ago

Well, most of my friends, probably my husband and siblings, my parents for sure, and possibly even my children (assuming I had them between age 25-30) would be dead or dying. That leads me to say "no."

That said, if 1) I wasn't in extreme pain, 2) I was still mentally capable and whole, 3) I was close to grandkids and other family, then maybe, yes. But that's a lot of "if"s!

1. Penny G profile image72
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good thinking, yes big possibility we would have outlived everyone we knew or loved. I'm thinking I don't want to.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Health and well being are the major determining factors. I look at singer Tony Bennett who is approaching age 88 and actress Betty White who is 92. Both of these people are still working away doing things they love with independence. I think why not shoot for the century milestone? Being physically and mentally healthy is the key.
    If one believes what is written in the bible Adam lived to be 930 years old and Noah lived to be 950 years. When you look at numbers like that 100 years seems like pre-teen years! LOL!
    Aside from good health it really comes down to whether or not a person is (enjoying) life. When a person feels they no longer have anything to look forward to that's when it's time to watch the final sunset. "A life without dreams isn't living, only existing."

working