What is the possibility of a man making it to heaven without believing or servin

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. sir_tallest profile image59
    sir_tallestposted 12 years ago

What is the possibility of a man making it to heaven without believing or serving God

2. Micky Dee profile image70
    Micky Deeposted 12 years ago

My answer will be assailed I'm sure, but - the greatest law given to man is - the Golden Rule. If this law is carried out by ANYONE - to its fullest extent - that person is doing God's work whether that person means to or not. That person is not going to hell. You cannot go to hell if this commandment is carried out. It would make no sense. The greatest law that Jesus gave is that Golden Rule and any political party or nay religion that does not take up this cross is merely a cult. Every religion has a version of this LAW. When we see any political party that refuses to take care of its citizens - that party is merely a cult. God bless!

3. Joan1 profile image60
    Joan1posted 12 years ago

And what is that golden rule Micky?

I think that if there is a god and a heaven, then anyone who lived his/her life in a good positive way. bringing more happiness than sadness, will go to heaven.
    Not believing in god should not be considered a sin.

4. wittywit profile image68
    wittywitposted 12 years ago

100% GOD (if there) sees only your deeds and not your belief you may just pray to god for years but if you're a sinner you are going to experience the fire of hell...........................  SO do good you ned not believe in god believe in his GOOD DEEDS

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 12 years ago

Jesus Christ shown humanity how to live on the earth. The way to live on the earth is to be love be peace be free in your daily life. Just be it. So you will see that a lot of people will be surprised when they crossover to the other side of death.  Some in hell thinking that it is a mistake because they believed but did not live their life as Jesus Christ shown human beings how to live on the earth. Some in heaven will be surprised because they did not believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior but had live a life on the earth as Jesus Christ have lived. Actions speaks louder than words in both cases. Be love be peace be free in your personal life on the earth and GOD will make the final decision who will go to heaven or hell. Those who endure unto the end shall be saved. Press forward and do not give up and just be love be peace be free in your life on the earth. Not 1 person will end up where they should not be at on the other side of death and that includes myself and even though GOD given me a vision of the other side of death on August 1, 1982 A.D. if I should live my life in disobedience I will split hell wide opened while others go to heaven because of being and living a life of love peace free like Jesus lived and shown to humanity while he lived on the earth. WOE unto me if I stop being love peace free in my own life on the earth but this will not happen to me because I will endure to the end which is the end of every human being life on the earth called death.

6. parthavi profile image60
    parthaviposted 12 years ago

If you don't believe in God, are you going to believe in heaven? the question will not arise.

7. skisy profile image88
    skisyposted 12 years ago

None, I'm afraid. I can't speak for all beliefs. Heaven would not exist without God(though again I'm sure someone will disagree, it also depends on your view of exactly what 'heaven' is). Lots of people seem to believe in Heaven but not a God, this may be because people don't like the idea of being judged on their life.

The reason, according to the Bible:

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

"As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one" Romans 3:10

What this means is that all people have sinned, and the idea of sin specifically refers to a transgression of God's will. A crime or so called "wrongdoing" isn't the same thing as sin, though are often sins as well.

Therefore according to the Christian belief, it is "by grace" and the "gift of God" not through any works of man(look up Ephesians 2:8-9) that is the only way to be saved, and therefore enter Heaven/have eternal life. This gift is His son;

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Hope that helps answer the question, at least from a Christian perspective, I think the majority of faiths believe in more than just the existence of Heaven to go there.

8. 6hotfingers3 profile image62
    6hotfingers3posted 12 years ago

I guess the best way I can respond to this inquiry is to ask, "what chance is there for a person to enter an exclusive club without being a member or having the right credentials?"  The chances are "zero!" I believe God is a forgiving Entity who wants everyone in his club. The requirements are to at least believe in him and living your life as best you can. That is a way of serving him.

9. ThatFatGuy profile image59
    ThatFatGuyposted 12 years ago

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

10. tenordj profile image66
    tenordjposted 12 years ago

I am sorry but there is only one way to Heaven and that is through Jesus. John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

11. The Demon Writer profile image60
    The Demon Writerposted 12 years ago

Well I don't believe in a God of any sort. I am more agnostic I suppose, if I had to put a label on it, but assuming there is a God I think it would depend on who's God you're talking about. I s he vengeful and seeking revenge on all those who did not devote their lives to servitude of a figure that may or may not exist, or is he ACTUALLY forgiving and kind like so many claim him to be?

12. eliowy profile image56
    eliowyposted 12 years ago

It could happen. I know allot of people out there would object but even the catholic church acknowledges that a person's salvation ultimitly rests in God's hands. You can't judge. While some religions have some of the whole truth only the Catholic church has all of the truth but if you are not catholic and live in siberia and do not know God but live an upright life there is a chance you could go to heaven. Check out C.S. Lewis he wrote more about it.

13. DoubleScorpion profile image78
    DoubleScorpionposted 12 years ago

"Heaven" is what you make of it...What would you consider to be eternal bliss...something that would make you happy forever without any disappointments? That is what Heaven is. Alot of people spend their life "being rightous" in hope of making to some claimed paradise, that they fail to live thier lives and enjoy the heaven they are already in.

14. aprilajune profile image61
    aprilajuneposted 12 years ago

First of all, if there was no God - there wouldn't be a "heaven" so the question doesn't matter.

But, as far as I believe, you can't get to Heaven unless you believe in God since it's His in the first place.

I think you could go through your life without serving God, being bad and all that, but if you didn't figure it out before you died - you're pretty much going to have to pay the price on your own.

So, it's kind of a broad question. I'd say the chances would be close to zip!

15. Jbern117 profile image60
    Jbern117posted 12 years ago

I don't believe that anyone should or would be punished for not believing in god if they were not in a situation where they were able to be exposed to him.
    "Serving" god, on the other hand, would simply be following basic moral values, something you should be doing whatever you believe in.

16. profile image50
    privic4ruleposted 12 years ago

The possibility of making heaven without believing or serving God, is zore. It's just like saying you vomited food when your very much sure have never tested any food but only drink.
    You can only make heaven when you have the fear and love for God in you, through Jesus christ.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)