jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

If you could change one thing about yourself or your life, what would it be and

1. Cristale profile image85
    Cristaleposted 3 years ago

If you could change one thing about yourself or your life, what would it be and why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8936934_f260.jpg

2. BrandonBailey profile image75
    BrandonBaileyposted 3 years ago

I would probably change the way I approached my second half of high school. For most of my school career I excelled in honors classes and scored extremely high on state and federal require standardized tests. Then, starting my junior year I basically gave up on trying in high school and my grade plummeted. Because of this, it's difficult for me to get into colleges and apply for scholarships.

Cristaleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why did you give up? You could have gone very far in life and had much success if you would have continued to try.

2. BrandonBailey profile image75
      BrandonBaileyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was going through a super hard time in my life and was introduced to drugs. Both of my parents passed away during my high school career and I became extremely depressed.

3. Cristale profile image85

There is always time to further education and become more than what you are, don't just settle!

4. BrandonBailey profile image75
      BrandonBaileyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh I am furthering my education. I'm chasing after my MFA in Fine Art and considering going after a bachelors degree in some type of writing.

3. enjoy life profile image77
    enjoy lifeposted 3 years ago

I would have taken more time to enjoy life and appreciate the beauty around me, rather than having let the pressures of life drive me. It took a long time to learn that lesson, I wish I had learned it sooner. Looking back so many times I could have relaxed and enjoyed life more, but was so focused on work, goals etc that I did not.

I agree. You don't really know what you have until it's too late, and by then it's long gone. Enjoying life, and the small things in it, is what makes life so beautiful.

4. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

The only thing I would jump at the chance of changing is I would get rid of the sarcoidosis (and all the things that come with it, like the steroids and the wheel chair).

Sarcoidosis sucks.

Beyond that, I would have to think carefully. I did not have a happy childhood at all and suffered a lot of abuse that left scars.

But it taught me a lot, made me strong and made me the person I am today. I am content with who I am as a person and I'm not sure I'd want to change that so easily.

working