jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do You Do Home Based Workouts?

1. lilmissmontana profile image87
    lilmissmontanaposted 3 years ago

Do You Do Home Based Workouts?

I am a stay at home mom and don't make it the gym very often. However it has not set me back from staying active and getting fit. I do body weight and dumb bell circuits as well as cardio circuits. I have used a few DVDs and even downloaded some exercise apps. What exercises do you do at home to stay in shape and stay active?

2. Ilona1 profile image80
    Ilona1posted 3 years ago

I used to do only home based workouts, but now I mix going to a gym with  less frequent home workouts. It is hard to stay motivated when always trying to do exercise at home, on your own.

lilmissmontanaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree that motivation can be tricky without others to support you or drive you. I think my results have been my driving factor and my available schedule is the other factor.

3. daisyjae profile image81
    daisyjaeposted 3 years ago

Yes ! I only do home based workouts. I am a mom like you, and I don't have the extra time or money to go to the gym. I have a bunch of DVDs but I usually find my workouts on youtube.  HIIT workouts are my favourite right now, and I also do a little yoga.

I love HIIT! The sooner I can get a workout done, the happier I am, even if I have to work harder. So far my favorite dvd had been Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred but I would like to get Insanity or T25

4. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

If you have the discipline, home based workouts can be very advantageous. I do them, although rarely, I prefer the gym setting/strength training. Just be careful with home training, as these primarily cardiovascular routines will help you shed pounds, but do not do a lot in changing  your body composition (muscle to fat ratio). So if you stop doing them, the weight can easily come back. To change your body composition, weight training must be incorporated in your routine.

I do my fair share of bodyweight exercises. Typically rep till failure, which has been shown to build muscle. As well as plyometrics. I also use barbells and kettlebells.

working