jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is it just me or are mass murders involving teens very rampant nowadays?

1. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 3 years ago

Is it just me or are mass murders involving teens very rampant nowadays?

Aside from the recent mass shooting in California, we also have similar cases here in the Philippines. One was a dad in his 20s killing his own daughter. Should we be alarmed? What could have caused them to manifest such horrible behavior?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8979898_f260.jpg

2. the clean life profile image79
    the clean lifeposted 3 years ago

YES!! we should all be alarmed!!. There has to be signs that many people in California saw and just didn't act on them until it was too late. You just don't wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "I think I will go out and kill some people today." This was planned as the YouTube video showed. He bought 3 guns from 3 separate gun shops. Right there should be a sign. Why would a kid need 3 hand guns? Certainly not to protect himself? Mental sickness is what it is. That is enough of this comment from me. It makes me sick in my stomach to even talk about it!!

3. Learn Things Web profile image91
    Learn Things Webposted 3 years ago

Thankfully violent crime has been in decline in the US for the last couple of decades. Hopefully that decline will continue because there's still too much of it. But there's always been violent crime. It's a sad part of human nature and something we can reduce but never completely eliminate.

4. quildon profile image79
    quildonposted 3 years ago

I think they are increasing among teenagers. There are many troubled teens out there who are not getting the kind of attention they need. Some of them have mental problems and even though they may have been diagnosed, no one really monitors them to see whether they are taking their medications or help them get the therapy they need. Another reason is the ease with which anyone can purchase a gun, any type of gun, nowadays - no background checks, no waiting period, nothing. They just go out and buy it as they would buy a video game. And don't get me started on that one!

1. Learn Things Web profile image91
      Learn Things Webposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Violence has been declining a lot even among teens in the US. But our society is still way too violent and our violent crime rates are way higher than other first world countries. We have too many weapons and too few social services.

working